Kenns' Apple crisp. I live for one person Kennedy thats my life and my world with out her there is no me. Easy Apple Crisp Recipe with Ultra Crispy Topping. Caramel Apple Crisp with Cinnamon Ice Cream (No Machine) – Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking Ep.
Apple Crisp is an easy dessert that you can make for a crowd or just for your family. I feel like the top secret to my apple crisp recipe is adding orange zest and a little orange juice right into the apples. I watched the video of Chef John preparing it and went exclusively on my own measurements (before I found the written recipe) and it turned out absolutely fabulous! You can have Kenns' Apple crisp using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kenns' Apple crisp
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of Flour, all-purpose.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of apple pie or pumpkin pie spuce.
- Prepare 2 C of old fashioned oats, dry.
- Prepare 3 sticks of butter, salted.
- It’s 3 T of orange juice/reserved liquid.
- Prepare 1 T of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 T of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 1/2 of # apples/fruit, peeled,cored, diced.
- You need of This '3 stick' recipe yields crumbs to make 5 crisps.
- It’s 1/2 C of Dried fruit (opt).
- Prepare 1/4 C of shivered almonds (opt).
- It’s of Apples: 3 lg honeycrisp or fuji work best. No red delicious.
With its tart, sweet and juicy filling, this crisp will please. When you miss those summer berries but you've got the heater cranked up. Combine your two favorite apple desserts into one scrumptious dish after your next trip to the orchard. Get the recipe at Creme de la Crumb.
Kenns' Apple crisp step by step
- MAKE AHEAD: Crumbles: Sift together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, pie spice. Mix in dry oats. Cut butter sticks into 4 long sticks, then cut each stick into pea-size cubes..
- Add butter cubes to flour mixture, one stick at a time. Mix crumbs with two knives until incorporated. Place crumbs in zip-loc bag and refrigerate until using. (5 batches).
- PREPARE CRISP: If using dried fruit, plump in microwave and allow to cool before going ahead. Plce dried fruit in a small bowl with enough orange juice to cover and microwave for 30-45 seconds until hot. Cool and reserve liquid. Use the liquid to mix with the cornstarch before adding fresh fruits. Add plumped dried fruits last before topping with crumbs..
- Preheat oven to 425° (395° convection ocen) Grease (with butter or Pam) a 9" pie pan or round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix cool juice/ cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Peel, core and cube fresh fruit, placing in juice/ cornstarch mixture and tossing to coat..
- Place prepared fruit in pan in a single layer. Top with crumbs (and nuts if using). Do not pack. Sprinkle with white sugar (to caramelize and get crunchy). Bake for 30 minutes until browned and crispy..
- If using nuts, put 1/2 the crumbs on top of the fruit, add nuts and then the rest of crumbs. Nuts brown faster than crumbs..
- Fruit suggestions: pineapple/apple: approx 2C pineapple and 1 apple. peach/apple: 2 peaches and 1 apple. Apple/craisin: 3 apples, 1/2C dried cranberries plumped. Apple/blueberry: 1/2 pint blueberries and 2 apples. Apple/cherry: 1 1/2C pitted, halved cherries and one apple. Pear/peach: 1 can each, rinsed chopped peaches and pears..
Apple crisp is a dessert made with a streusel topping. An apple crumble is a dessert of baked chopped apples topped with rolled oats and brown sugar. In the UK, Australia, and New Zealand, the term 'crumble' refers to both desserts, but in the US and Canada the two are distinguished. I probably love it a lil bit too much and my gut can testify. I prefer my apple crisp to have a gooey, crispy yet chewy type topping but I have been getting sooooo many requests.