You can have Bran muffins using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bran muffins
- You need 2 cups of wheat bran.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Bran muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees & grease muffin pan.
- Mix wheat bran and buttermilk, then leave for 10 mins.
- Beat oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence together, then add bran mixture.
- Sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture until it has just blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared buttered pan and bake for +- 20mins.
- Let muffins cool and enjoy.