Mr. Spock's Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie. This classic sweet potato pie is a tried-and-true Southern favorite. The recipe makes enough filling for two pies. The pie is flavored with vanilla and cinnamon.
Our Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie recipe is perfect for the holidays or your next church potluck. It's one dish you'll want to put your name on. We'll let you in on a few secrets. You can cook Mr. Spock's Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mr. Spock's Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie
- It’s 4 oz of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked and mashed sweet potatos (2 cups = 3.25 potatos).
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk (5 ounce).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 3 of each eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of each deep dish pie shell (or 2 shallow) unbaked.
- It’s 1 pinch of nutmeg.
You'll be amazed by what this single step does to the flavor. Spock's Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe by ed. Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie is an undeniable Southern classic. This sweet, creamy, and rich dessert served with some whipped cream on top will make I have discovered sweet potatoes only somewhat a few years ago.
Mr. Spock's Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Peel and boil potatos.
- Mix butter, potato's, sugar, and evaporated milk until well blended.
- Add vanilla, eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon, mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 1 hour or until set..
Sweet Potato Pie is decidedly unsexy. I think it's the word "potato." It may not be sexy, but sweet potato pie is GOOD. Now, I love my pumpkin.in all kinds of baked goods.but I must say, where pie is concerned, I prefer sweet potato. I've made this for two occasions now and it was always the first empty dish. Didn't have butterscotch pudding so vanilla was the substitute.