Vickys Banana & Apple Oat Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Banana & Apple Oat Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Banana & Apple Oat Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 6 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 180 g of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1 of over ripe banana, mashed.
- Prepare 180 g of gluten-free / self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s 60 g of plain dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Prepare 20 g of gluten-free rolled oats.
- You need to taste of granulated sugar / sweetener.
Vickys Banana & Apple Oat Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line a 6 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the oil, apple sauce and mashed banana together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum if using and the choc chips until just combined.
- Taste the batter and decide if you'd like to add a bit of sugar. The apple sauce and banana is the only sweetener here so you may need to add a little granulated sugar to your taste.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each paper case then sprinkle the oats over the tops.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until the muffins are risen and golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and dry (This pic isn't a good representation of how big the muffins will be. I didn't have quite enough flour so my batter was less and I should have only filled 4 cases but…..).
- Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Without any added sugar these muffins come in at under 100 calories each.