Tres leches cake!!. This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. This is an excellent cake for milk lovers! For the tres leches: Combine the heavy cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk in a small pitcher.
Tres Leches Cake Recipe – BettyCrocker.com Sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and whipping cream are the traditional "three milks" that are mixed together and poured into "poke" holes, saturating this tres leches cake recipe and transforming it from an everyday sheet cake into a moist, flavorful and deeply rich dessert. This is a part dry, part moist Mexican cake made with three types of milk. It is a sweet and delicious treat! You can have Tres leches cake!! using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tres leches cake!!
- It’s of tres leches mixture:.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of cake :.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 of egg whites, room temperature.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks, room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of filling :.
- You need 1 can of peaches in heavy syrup.
- It’s of fresh strawberries.
- Prepare 1 pint of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/2 pkg of cream cheese.
- Prepare to taste of powdered sugar.
- You need to taste of vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Tres Leches Cake is an authentic Mexican cake soaked in three kinds of milk, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. Sheet Cake desserts are a fun and easy way to make desserts to serve for a crowd and even easier to decorate! Tres leches cake gets its name because after making a soft, tender cake you poke holes in it before pouring over a mixture of three milks – sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream.
Tres leches cake!! instructions
- For the Tres Leches Mixture: Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk and heavy cream and set aside..
- For the cake : In a bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder and set aside..
- Whisk egg whites until frothy. Then add sugar slowly while whisking at high speed until it thickens. Add egg yolks one at a time while running mixer at high speed until all combined..
- Add half of the flour mixture and keep mixing until well combined. Then add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix. Finally add the remining flour and mix until well blended..
- Grease and flour a 9×2 in baking pan and pour the mixture. Tap a few times so the air bubbles rise to the top. Bake for 30-35 mins. At 350°..
- Meanwhile, cream the creamcheese and powder sugar together until well combined. Then add the pint of whipping cream and vanilla, whisk until it thickens..
- Cut the cake in half and pour half of the tres leches mixture evenly. Add whipped cream, strawberries and peaches. Put the other layer of cake on top and the pour the other half of tres leches mix on top (pinch the cake with a fork so the cake can absorbe the mik). Cover with whipped cream and decorate as you like!!.
The cake is ridiculously moist, beautifully sweet, perfectly tender, and melts in your mouth. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, I decided to share my authentic tres leches cake recipe! This Mexican dessert is a fluffy vanilla cake filled with condensed milk and topped with a homemade vanilla whipped cream frosting. Served with sliced fruit, this tres leches will impress everyone! Tres leches literally means, "three milks" and tres leches cake is an ultra light sponge cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture.