Pasta Primavera v.2.
You can cook Pasta Primavera v.2 using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Primavera v.2
- You need 2 tbsp of 2-3 Tblsp extra virgin LIGHT olive oil, see note.
- It’s 1 medium of summer squash – yellow.
- You need 1 medium of Italian squash – green.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow or green pepper.
- You need 7 each of asparagus spears.
- It’s 7 each of sun dried tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each parsley, dill, chives.
- You need 1 pinch of red pepper flakes – or to your liking.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 3 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of capers w/vinegar (non pareil type/small).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 of pecorino/romano grated cheese.
- It’s 1 of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 box of penne pasta, cooked al dente.
Pasta Primavera v.2 step by step
- While preparing vegetables set a pot of water to boil and cook mini penne about 6-7 minutes until al dente. By the time the pasta is cooked the vegetables will be ready. The dish cooks up fairly quickly..
- Prep all vegetables. Wash, dry and slice both squash in half then into 1/4" slices. Wash dry asparagus spears – snap off ends then slice spears into 1" pieces. Slice sun dried tomatoes into 1/4" slices. There are two types of sun dried tomatoes-soft and hard. If you have hard dried tomatoes, reconstitute them by soaking them in hot water for about 15-20 minutes until they soften. Slice pepper into 1" slices then cut slices in half..
- In a large saute pan over medium heat put in about 2-3 tablespoons (depending on the size of the pan) of extra virgin LIGHT olive oil, 1/2 of the butter and red pepper flakes. When oil is heated add peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add herbs stir and cook for a minute more..
- Add squash and asparagus – stir to incorporate vegetables. Once veggies heat up add wine (in center of pan-don't stir) cook for about 1 minute. Add butter (allow it to melt) then add lemon juice, capers, and cover. Turn heat down to medium low and cook for about 2 minutes. Do not overcook squash. They shouldn't be soft. They should cook up al dente like pasta..
- When pasta is cooked, drain, return to pot (not over heat), add a few drizzles of extra virgin olive oil and stir. Add enough oil to coat pasta not drown in oil. Add generous helping of cheese and stir. Pour veggies over cooked pasta and add another generous sprinkling of cheese..