Toasted Butter Pecan Layer Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Cream. Toasted Butter Pecan Layer Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Cream This cake is a cake version of butter pecan ice cream, well sort of anyway. It was the inspiration for the cake. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Toss together the chopped pecans and melted butter and spread out evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. They should smell nutty and fragrant. You can cook Toasted Butter Pecan Layer Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Cream using 15 ingredients and 31 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toasted Butter Pecan Layer Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Cream
- You need of For Cake.
- You need 1 cup of plus 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided use at room temperature.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare of For Whipped White Chocolate Cream Filling and Frosting.
- You need 3 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 8 ounces of marscapone cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
Remove from oven and cool the pecans until cool to the touch. Tip: to make baked cake easier to remove from pan, lightly grease the pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and then lightly grease the top of the parchment paper and dust the pan with flour. Combine the melted butter, pecans and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl and toss to coat. Have the cooled butter tart base at hand in its springform pan.
Toasted Butter Pecan Layer Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Cream instructions
- Start Filling and Frosting, it needs time to chill.
- Heat cream until hot, but not boiling, pour over chopped white chocolate in a large bowl.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until very cold. At least 4 hours or overnight. Don't finish the filling and frosting before cake is made, cooled and ready to fill and frost.
- Make Pecan Cake.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 4 – 8 inch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- Be sure your pecans are chopped finely, I used the food processor.Toast chopped pecans. Melt the 1 1/2 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet, add chopped pecans and cook on medium low heat, stirring often until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 4 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in after each egg, beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternating with the milk and stir just until combined.
- Fold in toasted pecans.
- Divide batter enenly between prepared pans and bake 16 to 22 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean cool in pans 10 minutes then cool completely on wire racks.
- Finish frosting and filling.
- Beat cold white chocolate cream until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl beat marscapone, confectioner's sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold marscapone mixture into whipped white chocolate until uniform in color.
- Assemble Cake.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate, bottom up and spread with some filling.
- Add second cake layer, bottom up.
- Spread with filling4.
- Add third cake layer, bottom up.
- Spread with filling.
- Add last cake layer and frost entire cake.
- Decorate with whole pecan halves and white chocolate shavings. Refigerate cake at least 2 hours before slicing.
For the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese in a bowl using electric beaters, or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on high speed until fluffy. Light and delicate yellow cake with fresh strawberries and traditional strawberry glaze. DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PECAN Devil's food cake loaded with miniature chocolate chips, toasted pecan and chocolate butter cream. CHANTILLY Four to six thin layers of our delicate yellow cake with a heavenly combination of whipped cream and filling and fresh fruit. This cake is a cake version of butter pecan ice cream, well sort of anyway.