Eggplant parmesan II. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses.
Add fresh garlic and basil to taste. This lighter take on eggplant parmesan maintains all the flavors of the classic dish but is baked instead of fried. This lighter take on eggplant parmesan maintains all the flavors of the classic dish but is baked instead of fried. You can cook Eggplant parmesan II using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant parmesan II
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ Eggplant ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s 1 of large eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ Sauce ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 28 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ Topping ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded, more if you like.
- You need 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese grated.
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ Frying oil ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s as needed of extra virgin olive oil.
Eggplant parmigiana or eggplant Parmesan is one of the most popular and iconic vegetarian Italian dishes and this recipe is straight from Italy. Salt both sides of your eggplant slices and place them in a large colander in the sink. When your eggplant slices have finished draining liquid, brush off the excess salt, as you don't want it to be too salty! Toss chopped herbs, low-moisture mozzarella, and remaining ¾ cup Parmesan in a medium bowl.
Eggplant parmesan II instructions
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Peel and thinly slice the eggplant.
- Fry in the oil in batches till done.
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive oil, season each piece with salt. Line the bottom of a baking pan.
- Cook the sauce add tomato sauce, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, sugar, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Pour the sauce over the eggplant. Add cheese toppings bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Eggplant Parmesan is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, our most-popular variations elevate this classic from familiar to fabulous. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. The two things to keep in mind when cooking eggplant, especially firm globe eggplants, is that not only do eggplants hold onto moisture, they also absorb oil like a sponge. Place slices in a colander, and place a dish underneath the colander to capture liquid that will sweat out of the eggplant.