Nastar / Pineapple Cookies.
You can have Nastar / Pineapple Cookies using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nastar / Pineapple Cookies
- It’s of Pineapple jam.
- Prepare 500 g of pineapple without peels.
- Prepare 3 g of whole cloves *optional or adjust to taste.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick *optional or adjust to taste.
- Prepare 150 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Cookie dough.
- It’s 37 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 37 g of margarine.
- You need 30 g of icing sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need 15 g of custard powder *can replace with cornstarch.
- Prepare 120 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Egg wash.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 15 ml (1 tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 5 ml (1 tsp) of sweetened condensed milk.
Nastar / Pineapple Cookies instructions
- Pineapple jam: Grate the pineapple or blend with a food processor. Transfer the shredded pineapple and its juice along with cinnamon stick and cloves into a heavy-bottom pan. Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally until the liquid is gone..
- Add sugar and continue cooking until it has a thick jam consistency but with no liquid. Keep stirring towards the end so it does not burn..
- Remove from the pan and cool it to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to a week). It will become easier to handle and less sticky..
- Divide the pineapple jam evenly into 32 pieces (6g each). Roughly roll each into a ball. Refrigerate until needed..
- Cookie dough: Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and margarine together for 1 minute on medium speed. Add sugar and beat for another minute just to combine..
- Add egg yolk and mix briefly for 10 seconds. Then sieve the custard powder and flour into the bowl. Mix until it forms a uniform dough. If the dough feels sticky, add a little more flour (1 teaspoon at a time). Add butter if it's dry. It should be easily formed into a ball without crumbling or sticking..
- Divide the dough into 32 pieces (8g each). Shape each into a ball..
- Press the ball in between your palms to make a thin disk. Place 1 piece of pineapple jam on the center. Wrap it and pinch the edges closed. Roll it back into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the rest..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 30 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before applying egg wash for the second bake..
- Egg wash: Whisk together all of the ingredients to fully combine..
- Brush each of the cookies with the egg wash. After the first coat has set, apply a second coat. These multiple coats will conceal any visible cracks and create a shiny yellow crust..
- Return into the oven at 325°F (160°C) and bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown. Let cool then enjoy!.