Italian spaghetti pasta salad. This a a spaghetti salad recipe with Italian dressing, and other fresh garden ingredients. These are our favorite ingredients that go into a spaghetti salad: Pasta – use spaghetti. Veggies – green pepper, red pepper, cucumbers, red onion, cherry tomatoes – add your favorites!
This Italian-inspired spaghetti salad is one of my go-to recipes for any potluck. Just make sure to not mix in the arugula until right before serving. Our Italian spaghetti salad recipe (sometimes called California spaghetti salad or just spaghetti pasta salad) is full of delicious flavor! You can have Italian spaghetti pasta salad using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian spaghetti pasta salad
- Prepare 1 lbs of box spaghetti.
- You need 2 of cucumbers cut.
- Prepare half of Grape or cherry tomatoes cut in.
- It’s of Small can of black olives drained.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper cut in bite size pieces.
- You need Half of a red onion cut in small pieces.
- It’s 1 bag of mini pepperoni optional or can the the regular size pepperoni in half, that’s what I do.
- It’s of Dressing.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil.
- You need of I like to use store Italian dressing to save time.
I swear, there's something satisfying about being able to twirl spaghetti noodles around your fork. It just beats spearing rotini or bowtie pasta, doesn't it? This Spaghetti Salad is PERFECT for a party or a potluck because it feeds a crowd! It can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and has amazing flavor.
Italian spaghetti pasta salad instructions
- Cook box of spaghetti, drain, Cool off pasta by running cold water over it when still in colander. put cooked spaghetti in a big bowl,chill in refrigerator for 15-20 mins..
- Add the cut veggies to the chilled cooked spaghetti and mix well..
- Make dressing or can skip this step and use Italian dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well..
- Add dressing to spaghetti mixture, and the pepperoni mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for four hours or over night. (this is good just chilled at 2 hrs).
- Add some parmesan cheese right before serving and some black pepper. mix up before serving.Enjoy 😉.
- Notes- I didn’t have all the veggies on hand so I used what I had, and I add some salami, I left out Black olives because Iam not a big fan of them… use what you have, peppers, would be good in this.(This would be a good dish to make if you have a lot of veggies or leftover veggies from other recipe / veggies that need to be used before they go bad.) you can put anything in this really make it our own love to see photos of what you come up with..
- Link to the video that I got my inspiration from for this awesome recipe. https://youtu.be/1eS_UBr-68g.
After it is mixed, pour the Italian dressing mixture over top of the spaghetti and vegetables and mix it all together. This cold spaghetti pasta salad is a cookout classic that packs enough flavor to be a main dish or side dish. With tender pasta, fresh veggies, and flavored with a combination of parmesan cheese, salad supreme seasoning, and Italian salad dressing, it's guaranteed to be a crowd-favorite. Everyone always loves this cold Italian Pasta Salad recipe made with a simple homemade Italian dressing, rotini noodles, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, pepperoni or hard salami, onion, and pepperoncini. It's the perfect pasta salad recipe to serve as a side for a BBQ or potluck.