Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢. Crispy, salty, sweet and sour sticky Teriyaki Tofu with flavorful ingredients. This comforting Asian weeknight dinner is very tasty and much healthier than take-out! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, low-fat, and easy to make.
It can have a droopy appearance due to its moderate moisture content.. Vegan Soft Tofu Recipes on Yummly CRISPY TOFU CUBES WITH SWEET CHILI SAUCEWhat To Cook Today. You can cook Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢 using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢
- It’s 1 block of soft tofu, cut into 8 big cube.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil (or enough for shallow fry).
- It’s of Coated flour.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sweet tamarind sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind paste (rice wine vinegar can be used if you can’t find tamarind paste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fishsauce (or soysauce for vegetarian option).
- It’s 1 splash of water.
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare of Finely julienned spring onions.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of finely chopped bell pepper (I use all 3 colours, red, yellow and green).
- It’s of Japanese chilli powder- shichimi.
Tamarind paste is a key ingredient in Thai dishes, such as Pad Thai. I consider its importance equivalent Combined with soy sauce and cane sugar, tamarind paste creates a rich sweet and sour taste Transfer the tofu to a medium-sized bowl. Mapo tofu is a classic Szechuan dish of soft tofu and ground pork in a spicy, pungent sauce that includes fermented Chinese black beans. Thick tofu triangles slathered in a scrumptious sweet and sour sauce with pineapple and brown sugar make a kid-pleasing meal that tastes excellent and is.
Soft tofu with sweet sticky tamarind sauce 🥢 instructions
- Cut up tofu into big cube, mix flour and breadcrumbs into a mixing bowl, coated tofu in seasoning flour and breadcrumbs. Leave it aside..
- Making sticky sweet tamarind sauce- add tamarind paste, palm sugar and fishsauce in a small medium heat saucepan. Keep stirring until everything dissolve and combine. If sauce too thick you can add a splash of water..
- Prepping for garnish- finely sliced 3 different colours of bell pepper and julienned spring onions and soak in cold water for 10 min. (see tip).
- Frying tofu – on a medium heat pan or saucepan, add vegetable cooking oil and then tofu. Fry one side until golden crisps then turn over. Once all sides turn golden and crispy take them on onto the kitchen towel..
- Serve up – place crispy tofu on a serving plate, add sweet sticky tamarind sauce..
- Garnish with finely chopped peppers, spring onions and shichimi..
This sweet and sticky tofu noodle bowl is vegan, vegetarian and dairy-free. Lightly press the tofu with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Crispy tofu and a sticky sweet & sour sauce mimic Chinese takeout in this vegetarian friendly meal. It's just perfectly salty enough from the soy sauce and it thickens into a delicious, sticky, caramelized coating on the tofu and vegetables when it comes together in the end. Prepare the sauce: Stir together fish sauce, tamarind, brown sugar, and chili powder.