Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese.
You can cook Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese
- It’s 1 of leek, chopped into thin round slices,.
- Prepare of The woody large stalk of a head of broccoli, chopped,.
- It’s 2 of small-medium potatoes cut into fine cubes,.
- You need 1/2 of white onion, chopped finely,.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery, chopped finely,.
- You need 150 g of baby leaf spinach, chopped,.
- You need of Herbs & Spices:.
- Prepare Handful of finely chopped fresh parsley, including the stalks,.
- You need 2 tsp of mixed herbs,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
- You need of Other:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil, I used vegetable.
- Prepare 1 of reduced salt vegetable stock cube,.
- Prepare of Heel of blue cheese, chopped up, (60-70g),.
- It’s of Water, enough to fill half way up your saucepan.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Prepare of Fresh leaves of parsley,.
- Prepare of Crumbled blue cheese,.
- You need of Dollop of Greek yogurt,.
- Prepare of Cracked black pepper.
- You need of Equipment needed:.
- Prepare of Hand blender / blender.
Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions. Fry until turning translucent and are soft. Add in the celery and chopped up stalk of broccoli. Stir..
- Season well with salt and pepper and crumble in the stock cube. Add the leek plus the potatoes and stir once more. Fill the saucepan up halfway with water and bring to a simmer..
- Add the dried mixed herbs, the garlic granules, cumin and the chopped parsley. Stir then add a lid and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Add in the spinach and chop up the blue cheese and add that in also. Leave to simmer for around another 5 minutes stirring until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a minute or two then using a hand blender/blender blend until smooth and velvety..
- Serve up and garnish with crumbled blue cheese and a few leaves of fresh parsley, a grinding of black pepper and a dollop of two of yogurt. Enjoy! :).