Simple Tartar Sauce. Just used the ingredients to taste. I kept forgetting to buy tartar sauce and made this on the fly. I'll never purchase tartar sauce again!!
It is better if prepared several hours before you will be using it, but it can be used immediately. Classic Tartar Sauce made with just a few ingredients and in just a few minutes, you'll never buy bottled sauce again! You'll love this tartar sauce with our Crispy Baked Fish Sticks, Beer Battered Fish and even for your kids on Beer Battered Crispy Fish Tacos. You can cook Simple Tartar Sauce using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Tartar Sauce
- It’s of I cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced cucumbar.
- You need 2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt n pepper.
It is the PERFECT swap for the bottled sauce. Tartar sauce is typically made of mayonnaise, chopped pickles or gherkins, and onions, capers, or fresh parsley. For those who follow a gluten-free diet, always check the label to verify that the mayonnaise you are using is gluten-free. What goes well with tartar sauce?
Simple Tartar Sauce step by step
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, minced cucumbar and minced onion. Stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or so before serving..
- Happy cooking :).
Mayonnaise, pickle relish, and lemon juice are all you need to whip up a homemade sauce that's perfect for adding zesty flavor to all your favorite fish recipes. You can find pickle relish near the condiments and dressings at your local grocery. I've tried a ton of recipes for tartar sauce, and this by far, is the best. It's easy to make but it's absolutely fantastic! In a food processor, puree the onion and relish.