Indonesian Grilled Chicken (Ayam Panggang).
You can have Indonesian Grilled Chicken (Ayam Panggang) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Grilled Chicken (Ayam Panggang)
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken wings.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of medium galangal, cut to few chunks.
- Prepare 4-5 of lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper and sugar.
- Prepare of Paste spices.
- You need 3 of shallots / onions.
- You need 10-12 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3-4 of red chillies, add more if you like !.
- Prepare 3 of lemon grass.
- Prepare 1 dash of vegetable oil.
Indonesian Grilled Chicken (Ayam Panggang) step by step
- Firstly, prepare your spices (shallots, garlics, lemongrass and chillies), and blend them all with some dash of oil until it creates a smooth paste..
- Heat up 3-4 tbsp of oil on a pan, sauté your paste spices on medium heat. Toss lime leaves and chunks of galangal. Cook it for about 10-15 mins..
- Toss chicken wings into spices ! Put some salt, pepper, sugar and tamarind paste. Mix it well and cook it to half cooked point. In the mean time, pre heat oven to 200 degree- grilled option..
- Finally, add coconut milk, keep stirring on medium heat for about 15-20 mins. When you think the chicken is fully cooked, transfer it to an oven tray, add some sauce on a tray but leave some on a pan..
- Keep stirring the remaining sauce in a low heat until its thicken..
- Put cooked chicken in your oven, 200 degree grilled option for about 10-15 mins until it creates charcoal colour on top. Mine wasn’t fully grilled, but I was starving!.
- Voila ! Ayam panggang is successfully cooked, you can put all the remaining sauce on top of chicken, top it up with some fried shallots and Indonesian sweet soy sauce. Enjoy :).