Stilton and Broccoli flan Chorizo Char-grilled red pepper flan #baking.
You can have Stilton and Broccoli flan Chorizo Char-grilled red pepper flan #baking using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stilton and Broccoli flan Chorizo Char-grilled red pepper flan #baking
- Prepare of Pastry:.
- You need 250 g of Plain flour.
- Prepare 125 g of fat (half and half Chilled Lard and Butter cut into small pieces).
- You need of Chilled water to bind.
- It’s of Broccoli and Stilton filling:.
- You need A few of broccoli florets cut into small pieces and blanched.
- It’s of Approx 50g Stilton Crumbled.
- Prepare of Chorizo and Red Pepper filling:.
- It’s 1/2 of a finely diced onion sautéd.
- You need of Finely diced thumb sized piece of chorizo until soft and lightly browned.
- It’s of Finely diced half a red pepper from a jar of chargrilled peppers.
- You need of Custard:.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 300 ml of double cream Ground white pepper to taste.
Stilton and Broccoli flan Chorizo Char-grilled red pepper flan #baking instructions
- Gently rub the cold fat into the flour with your finger tips, until it resembles breadcrumbs..
- Bind with chilled water to bring together to form a ball using a metal knife. Wrap with cling film and chill for 20 mins..
- Once the pastry has rested, roll out on a lightly floured board to a size just larger than your flan case/s plus the sides..
- Gently lift the pastry into the case/s and, using a small ball of pastry carefully press the pastry into the edges of the tin..
- Trim any excess away but ensure that one centimetre of pastry protrudes above the top of the tin..
- Chill and rest for 20mins. This stage is vital to ensure the pastry does not shrink back during cooking..
- Remove the pastry cases from the fridge and rub off the excess pastry from the edge using your thumb to give a clean finish to the edge..
- Blind bake on a baking sheet at 200 degrees for 15 mins or until lightly golden using baking parchment and baking beans. Turn the oven down to 180 degrees..
- Beat all of the custard ingredients together until fully combined. Put to one side.
- Remove the baking beans from the pastry cases and fill with the fillings..
- Carefully ladle in the custard ensuring it doesn’t seep over the top..
- Bake the flans for approx 30 mins. If they start browning too much cover with foil..
- Once cooked carefully tip to check the bottom of the flan is crisp – no soggy bottoms! 😂 Leave to cool in the tins for about 15 mins until ready to serve..