Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version). Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add onion to pan and saute until it becomes tender. Arrange the chicken quarters, skin-side up, in a large.
Toss the butternut squash in a large bowl with the chili powder, curry powder, and turmeric, and set aside. Heat up a big drizzle of oil in a large cast iron pan or saucepan, then cook the garlic and ginger together for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken and cook for another two minutes or so or until white. You can have Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version)
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed preferred).
- It’s 8 of chicken thighs, with bones & skin.
- You need 3 of red onions, sliced into half-moon rings.
- It’s 2 of leeks, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of red chili, with seeds, sliced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, deseeded and in short, thin slices.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 250 ml of dry white wine.
- You need 500 ml of vegetable stock (I use “Marigold” bouillon powder or Knorr stock pots).
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- You need 5 tbsp of crème fraîche.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Let come to room temperature, then bake as directed. Saute chicken in a large pot until browned, then remove. Meanwhile, make rice in a rice cooker. Add broth, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric and salt to pot of veggies, bringing to a boil.
Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) instructions
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C)..
- Heat oil in roasting tin. Quickly brown the chicken thighs in batches and set aside..
- Use a splash of the wine to deglaze the pan, then fry the onions for 2 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the leeks, chili, pepper and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the flour and fry for a further minute, stirring continuously..
- Stir in the wine, then the stock, then the Cajun seasoning and smoked paprika and finally return the chicken thighs to the roasting tin and stir gently but thoroughly to coat well..
- Bring to the boil, stir well and put in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut into bite-sized chunks..
- After the 30 minutes, add the butternut squash and potatoes to the roasting tin. Stir gently but thoroughly, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until everything is cooked..
- Stir in the crème fraîche, then coriander and season to taste..
- Serve piping hot onto warm plates..
Stir in squash, tomato, tomato paste, seasoning mix and stock; bring to a boil. Place butternut squash and brussels sprouts in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with chicken in a single layer and brush each chicken breast with honey mixture. As the Chicken Thighs roast, the juices seep out and into the Butternut Squash permeating it with flavor. The garlic, thyme, paprika and a little kick from the pepper flakes makes this one pan meal wonder – well, absolutely wonderful!