Sophie's Tuna burgers. This spicy tune burger is my new favourite recipe & has definitely spiced up my meal prep options. Tinned tuna is a stable in my press and as you can see. Brush with oil and season with.
I made the "salsa" (onions/celery/bell pepper/chili sauce spices) a day in advance. I also microwaved it for a short time; I didn't want the veggies to be too crunchy. Serve the tuna burgers slathered with the Spicy Sriracha Mayo, lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the toasted, seeded hamburger buns, paired with the dry Riesling. You can cook Sophie's Tuna burgers using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sophie's Tuna burgers
- It’s 1 of drained can tuna.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic granules.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thai spice.
- It’s 2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 of bread crumbs (i made my own with 1 slice of whole meal bread).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- It’s 3 tbsp of creme fraiche (or Lake District Co quark is a fantastic alternative as it's very low fat).
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame oil, or similar..
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of chili flakes to taste (optional).
Here's what you need: tuna, olive oil, panko bread crumbs, dried parsley, fresh chives, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, large egg, whole wheat burger bun. Tuna burgers to the rescue when you need dinner in a hurry and you're drawing a blank! Grab a can of tuna from the cupboard and you're mostly done. Some dill olive mayo takes it over the top!
Sophie's Tuna burgers step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°c..
- Blend ingredients together. I prefer to pulse it so that some of the tuna isn't completely blended, leaving a few chunkier bits. You could also add some of the tuna after blending everything else if you prefer..
- Shape into two patties. I made mine square, as I didn't have any buns and was using bread..
- Place a baking tray that you've spritzed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 mins, or until hot through and slightly crispy to the touch. Be careful not to over bake..
Grill them on the Traeger for a lighter alternative to a traditional burger. Which was tasty, but oy veh, that Most tuna burger I had is either a lightly seared piece of tuna steak, or very coarsely chopped formed. Zingy lemon, chilli & loadsa herbs. It was the band's first studio album, the previous two being live recordings. These tasty tuna burgers look great and taste delicious.