Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble. Let the natural flavors of butternut squash shine in this easy side dish. All Reviews for Butternut Squash with Onions and Pecans. I've swapped pumpkin for butternut squash here as I love the natural sweetness it gives, plus I find it's easier to get hold of.
Lemongrass Coconut Shrimp and Noodles Parchment Packs. Once out of the oven, remove the squash to a bowl and scatter over the pecans and crumble over the cheese tossing everything Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Sour Cream. Yummm What a great soup that is so easy to make! You can have Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble
- It’s of Soup:.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of honeycrisp apples.
- You need of kosher salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of cubed butternut squash. Option to cut the bases off of them, and scoop out the seeds and save to use as serving bowls (Refer to Roasted Acorn Squash recipe for roasting directions).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, more or less to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, depending on your taste.
- You need 2 Tbs of + 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of honey.
- It’s of Pecan Crumble:.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of raw pecans, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 2 Tbs of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 Tbs of real maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of salted butter, at room temperature.
I was a little worried going into it because of the. If I served this for a dinner party or holiday meal, I add some crumbled gorgonzola on the top. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder. A savory, simple soup that's perfect for the fall and winter months.
Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and 1 chopped apple. Cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in the broth until smooth. Add the butternut squash, cayenne, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes..
- Remove the soup from the stove. Let cool slightly and then puree in a blender or use an immersion blender..
- Return the soup to the stove and set over low heat. Stir in the milk and cheese until melted and creamy. Add the thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired..
- To make the honey butter apples. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced apple and cook until it just begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the honey and 2 teaspoons thyme. Cook another minute, then remove from the heat..
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and spoon the apples over top. Option to serve in roasted butternut squash bottoms..
- Finish with a sprinkle of pecan crumble. Enjoy!.
- Pecan Crumble:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the oats, pecans, flour, maple, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the mix until everything is moist..
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden brown and smells amazing. I like to serve this warm, so I make it while the soup simmers..
Dean Fearing loves the holiday feel of butternut squash, especially when it's combined with ginger, as it is for his smooth, gently sweet soup. He tops it with whipped cream flecked with chopped pecans for a number of reasons: "Usually holiday soups have a dollop of cream—adding pecans gives it a. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is thick and delicious, and it isn't loaded up with heavy cream. Easy to make for a weeknight meal. Today I am sharing my own recipe for a creamy, anti-oxidant filled, tasty butternut squash soup.