You can have Parmigiana ragu using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Parmigiana ragu
- You need 1 of large aubergine.
- You need 250 g of mince.
- It’s 2 of mozzarellas.
- Prepare of Parmesan.
- You need of Flour.
- You need of Passata.
- It’s of White wine.
- You need of Onion, carrot and celery for the ragu.
- You need of Olive oil and oil for frying.
- You need of Salt.
Parmigiana ragu step by step
- Wash, slice into half centimetre rounds the aubergine. Dry very well using kitchen roll. Important because it has a bitter taste otherwise.
- Lightly flour the aubergine.
- Fry in oil for a few mins until just brown. Drain on kitchen roll. Leave to cool. Meanwhile start the ragu..
- Gently fry carrot, onion and celery in olive oil. Add mince and brown. Add wine and cook on high for one min. Add passata, a bit of water, salt, stir and simmer for about 30-40 mins, add touch of water if needed. Meanwhile, chop the mozzarella and turn on the oven to 180.
- Start to layer the ingredients in a roasting tray. Aubergine, ragu and mozzarella. Sprinkle with parmesan..
- Continue and maybe add a bit of passata. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Ready to bake. Cook for 40 mins at 180. Leave to rest for 10 mins before serving.