Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta. This Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta is a dish I have been making my family for years. This delicious Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta can be enjoyed on it's own as a quick and simple midweek dinner or it can be enjoyed with a side salad and some garlic bread for a more substantial meal. These stuffed aubergines combine wonderfully with the crisp green beans and chickpeas.
The tasty vegetarian recipe layers up aubergine, cheese This is layered like lasagne but made with aubergine instead of pasta. It is a typical dish made all over Italy, but we like to think it originates in Parma. Ett smaskigt recept på pasta med aubergine, tomat, basilika och mozzarella. You can cook Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta
- Prepare 3 of medium aubergines, diced into 1cm squares.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely diced.
- You need 1 of large red chilli + 1 birds eye chilli (optional!), sliced.
- You need 2-3 of large garlic cloves, finely diced.
- It’s 500 ml of tomato passata.
- Prepare 2 of balls of mozzarella, drained and diced.
- Prepare of Parmesan.
- You need of Rapeseed or olive oil.
- It’s of Fresh basil (or dried alternative).
När man vill äta gott men inte har så mycket tid. Ett krämigt recept på pasta med aubergine, tomat, basilika och mozzarella. Joe is joined by top UK blogger Emily Leary aka A Mummy Too to create delicious Sicilian Pasta with Galbani Mozzarella and aubergine. A quick and easy Aubergine, Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta Bake recipe, from our authentic Italian cuisine collection.
Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta step by step
- In a large frying or saucepan (I use 2 for speed!) drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of oil into each pan and warm on a medium to high heat. Share the aubergines between the 2 pans, and stir so that the aubergines are coated in oil. Season with a little salt and pepper..
- Turn the heat down to medium and fry for 10-15 minutes until the aubergines collapse and are soft rather than spongy. It is worth taking the time to do this and an extra few minutes if needed, as this will give the sauce a creamy, rich texture. This is the principle ingredient so it needs to shine!.
- Once the aubergines are done, set aside and add 2 tablespoons of oil to cook the onion (in 1 pan). Turn the heat down to low-medium so that it can cook slowly for 8 minutes until it becomes translucent and soft. Again. Worth taking the time to do this..
- Add the garlic and chilli and stir in for 2 minutes, then return the aubergines back to the pan. Add the passata to the pan and rinse the box/jar out with a 100-150 ml of water and tip in..
- Season the dish with salt and pepper and tear in 5 or 6 basil leaves (or if you ran out like me use 1-2 tsp of dried thyme/oregano instead). Simmer the sauce on a medium heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. If it becomes too thick add a little more water..
- This sauce will happily tick along on the stove as long as you check it isn't sticking. It will be lovely for cooking down. Cook your desired amount of pasta per person (around 75g). Whilst the pasta is cooking add the diced mozzarella to the sauce, stir and turn off the heat. Check the seasoning, add a little more herbs or salt and pepper if needed..
- Drain the pasta, leaving a couple of tablespoons of water in the bottom. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of sauce to the pasta pan (per portion of pasta you have cooked) and stir through. Serve with grated Parmesan on top. Enjoy!.
- This sauce will store in the freezer well for another day too..
Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking You'll combine golden-fried aubergine, rich tomato sauce, pasta and two cheeses to create a truly delicious meal the whole family is sure to love. Try our best roasted aubergine recipes for a filling main. We've included curries, pastas and Puy lentils bulk out this low-calorie vegetarian bake with mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil sauce and Layer up slices of aubergine with a spicy coconut milk and tomato sauce for a hearty, warming meal. Den Mozzarella abtropfen lassen und in kleine Würfel schneiden. Mit der Sauce und den Mozzarellastückchen mischen. Ähnliche Rezepte.