You can have Moussaka using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moussaka
- It’s 1 of large aubergine sliced.
- It’s 1 of large potato thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of zucchini sliced.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 100 gms of butter.
- It’s 100 gms of flour.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 3/4 of th cup milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 150 gms of shredded gouda cheese 100 gms shredded parmesan.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 500 gms of minced lamb meat.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
Moussaka step by step
- In a skillet pan fry potato, zucchini and aubergine until golden brown and set aside (you could deep fry).
- Place butter in a deep bottom pan and melt on medium heat, add flour stirring constantly so no lumps are formed for about a minute or two.
- Turn heat to low and whisk in milk, continue to cook on medium heat until sauce thickens, turn heat off, now whisk 50 gms parmesan and 100 gms gouda cheese and incorporate until melted, then whisk in egg until nice and smooth, check for seasoning, add nutmeg and set aside.
- In skillet add 1tbsp oil, add lamb and cook until brown, now add onions, garlic and continue to cook till onions are translucent appropriately 8 minutes, add chilli powder, cinnamon, pepper, oregano and 1/2tsp salt and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, mix and let it all cook until tomatoes have disintegrated, once cooked set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a baking dish, layer potato at the bottom of the dish, top with cooked lamb, then layer aubergine, top with lamb layer, now arrange zucchini and top with lamb.
- Pour white sauce on top of lamb, sprinkle remaining cheese and bake for 50 minutes..
- Cool and serve with a side of salad or garlic bread. Leftover (not likely to have any) can be refrigerated stored for 4 days in air tight container.