You can cook Vegetarian moussaka using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian moussaka
- You need 3 cups of Boiled Pasta.
- You need 1 of Zucchini cut in sliced.
- Prepare 3-4 of Eggplant cut in sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 of Tomato cut in sliced.
- You need of For the red sauce:.
- You need 3 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Olives/Mushroom/ or both.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Parsley/ Kale or Spinach.
- You need 1 tsp of Corn flour.
- You need 3-4 of Green Chilli finely chopped(no or less depending on taste).
- You need 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need of For the Béchamel sauce:.
- It’s 5 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Parmesan cheese/ Mayonnaise.
- You need of Salt and pepper As per taste.
Vegetarian moussaka instructions
- Baked sliced vegetable at 425 Fahrenheit till golden almost 7-10 mins.
- For red sauce: can use ready pasta sauce or tomato, but here I blend 3 tomatoes with Oregano, black pepper.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil, add cumin seeds, then roast olives for 3-4 mins and add tomato purée along with corn flour and chilles.
- Add spinach,salt and cook mix well and cook till thick like pasta sauce.
- For Bechamel Sauce: In pan take oil, add flour, salt and pepper mix well then add milk and cheese or mayo, whisk well on slow flame.
- Once it cook well and pretty much thick, off the flame. In baking tray spray it with oil then add pasta,layer of baked vegetables then tomato sauce and layered with bechmel.
- Again place some veggies and oregano and baked till golden brown at 425 F in oven..