Fried Dumpling (Pangsit Goreng). Pangsit Goreng means 'fried dumpling' in Indonesian and is a gift from the Chinese-Indonesian community. I grew up folding these little crispy surprises in the back room of our restaurant. It takes a certain technique and it took me several tries to get the hang of how to fold these.
Put the mixture in the dumpling wrap. Heat the oil and deep fry them. How to cook Indonesian Fried Wonton Pangsit Goreng Mix together all of the ingredients except the dumpling skin in a large mixing bowl Scoop about ¾ teaspoon of the mixed ingredients and put it in the middle of dumpling skin. You can have Fried Dumpling (Pangsit Goreng) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Dumpling (Pangsit Goreng)
- It’s 50 g of pork (minced).
- You need 50 g of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of mushroom sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet soy sauce (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 of tsb pepper.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need of starch (as needed).
- Prepare of Spring onion (chopped).
- Prepare of Dumpling wrap.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Brush the edges of the dumpling with water and fold each skin to a triangle. But, chicken or even vegetarian (chives) dumpling are also magical. If we went to Chinese Restaurant, they were ordering. Fry the pangsit (like Dutch dough fritters – oil balls) on both sides, brown and cripsy.
Fried Dumpling (Pangsit Goreng) step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients as shown in the picture.
- Mix mince pork and chopped shrimp in a medium bowl, add salt, pepper, soy sauce, mushroom sauce, spring onion, and garlic..
- Sprinkle some starch to make them stick..
- Put the mixture in the dumpling wrap..
- Heat the oil and deep fry them..
Let them leak and serve them with a sweet-sour Chinese sauce or a taotjo sauce (see the chapter sauces for this). Beb uses ordinary flour and cornflour for the pangsit dough. The cornflour makes the dough firm. Wonton Skin (I prefer the thin. In short, pangsit goreng is deep fried wonton (although we'll be using spring roll pastry, because oma said so), filled with a meat mixture.