Eggplant Parm Bites. Remove eggplant from the freezer and coat each first in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. The most fun way to eat eggplant parm? Working in batches, dip the eggplant pieces first into the flour mixture, then into the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
Serve the Eggplant Parmesan Bites with warmed marinara sauce, for dipping. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. Crispy breaded eggplant is layered with marinara, herbs & mozzarella cheese. You can cook Eggplant Parm Bites using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parm Bites
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable oil for frying.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley, for garnish.
- Prepare of coarse salt, for finishing.
- Prepare 1 cup of marinara sauce, for dipping.
This baked eggplant Parmesan recipe will become one of your family favorites! Our latest creation: these super-addictive Eggplant Parm Bites. Dredge in flour, dunk in beaten eggs, then coat in a mixture of. Breaded eggplant slices are layered with mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, and tomato sauce, and Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like.
Eggplant Parm Bites step by step
- In a small pot, heat 3 inches of oil until it reads 350°F on a thermometer. Line a large plate with several layers of paper towels..
- Prepare three shallow bowls. In the first, whisk the flour with the salt, black pepper and cayenne to combine. In the second, whisk the eggs. In the third, mix the bread crumbs with the Parmesan to combine..
- Working in batches, dip the eggplant pieces first into the flour mixture, then into the egg and then into the bread crumbs. Continue until all the eggplant pieces are coated..
- Fry the eggplant pieces until they're golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove them from the oil and transfer to the prepared plate. Drain on the paper towels..
- Garnish with parsley and coarse salt, and serve immediately with a side of warm marinara sauce for dipping..
At its best, Eggplant Parm is like a tastier, more comforting, and (marginally) healthier version of Breading and deep frying? A bit messy, but nothing overwhelming. PagesBusinessesMedia/news companyTastyVideosEggplant Parm Bites Get the full recipe: http. Delicious Baked Eggplant Parmesan with crispy coated eggplant slices smothered in cheese and Eggplant parmesan tastes very similar to regular chicken parmesan. This really was an excellent eggplant parm recipe.