Arroz Con Leche. Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. This Arroz con Leche is the Cuban version of rice pudding. It's richer and sweeter than regular rice pudding.
In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. To make arroz con leche, start by bringing white rice, water, and a cinnamon stick to a boil over high heat. Next, add both regular milk and sweetened condensed milk to the rice, along with salt, vanilla, and raisins. You can have Arroz Con Leche using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz Con Leche
- It’s 2 cup of Calrose rice (Soak in water for 1-2 hours).
- It’s of tea.
- Prepare 4 cup of Water.
- You need 6 of each Whole Cloves.
- It’s 4 of each Cinnamon sticks (approximately 3 inches long).
- You need 1 of each Star Anise (whole).
- Prepare of In a pot.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 4 cup of Tea from previous step.
- Prepare 2 cup of Soaked Calrose rice.
- It’s of Towards the end.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of coconut.
- It’s 1 can of Sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Good vanilla extract.
Arroz con leche, aka rice pudding, was a dessert my mom grew up on. My great-grandma made it, and I wanted to find a recipe that tasted just like it. Fortunately, I did just that and now have introduced this delicious dessert to my own children. Arroz con Leche (or Mexican rice pudding) is a comforting and simple no-fuss dessert that's guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Arroz Con Leche step by step
- Soak Calrose rice in water for 1-2 hours..
- Meanwhile place spices and water for tea in a pot and bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Let boil in medium heat for 15-20 minutes..
- Once tea is done let cool a little. Strain spices from tea, leave only the cinnamon sticks in it..
- Place evaporated milk, remaining 1 cup water, the 4 cups of prepared tea and coconut milk in pot..
- Bring to a boil, once it starts boiling drain rice and add to pot. Cook on medium heat until rice is cooked through and mixture thickens..
- Once rice is cooked through stir in coconut cream, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar and vanilla..
- Let boil for a little until mixture thickens, make sure you don't let it stick (mixture will thicken up).
- Transfer to glass cake dish to cool, top with ground cinnamon..
- Enjoy!! (:.
- Optional: you can add raisins if you'd like when you boil the evaporated milk before adding the rice..
Arroz con Leche, or Mexican rice pudding, will forever remind me of my family. Arroz con Leche, or rice pudding, is an authentic Mexican recipe that is sweet and smooth. If you master the steps to make this delicious dessert, you will come to realize that rice is not only good as a savory meal, but also as a sweet one. Today I am going to share the secrets about how to make a delicious, yet easy arroz con leche that I. Her arroz con leche recipe is the perfect blend of cinnamon, sugar, and silky Spanish rice.