Chocolate Meringue Cookies. This is a meringue cookie with a double chocolate taste. Store these in an air tight container. These Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies are amazing!
Unlike most chocolate meringue cookie recipes Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies. Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe & Video. It is hard to resist these billowy Chocolate Meringue Cookies with their powdery crisp crust and soft marshmallow centers. You can cook Chocolate Meringue Cookies using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 5 large of Egg Whites.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 tbsp of powdered sugar.
I still remember taking this photo… But a few hundred recipes and years spent with my camera afterwards, here's the "after" photo. I talk a lot about blogging, my creative deficits, life deficiencies, and some about my family. Chocolate chip meringue cookies are incredibly easy to make and melt in your mouth. They're perfect for any occasion, and especially for holiday cookie exchanges and cookie trays!
Chocolate Meringue Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 300º. Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; secure with masking tape. Sift together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar and then cocoa mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla; beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets to form 36 mounds. Bake at 300º for 30 minutes, rotating racks after 15 minutes. Turn oven off; cool meringues in closed oven 15-30 minutes or until dry. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Carefully remove cookies from paper..
These cookies are a must for Santa, we've been making them for years and everyone loves them. Chocolate Meringue Cookies are a delicious dessert and are also low in fat. They are a perfect treat if you are on your diet or anytime you just want one! Chocolate Meringue Cookies are crispy, sweet, light cookies full of chocolate flavor. These Chocolate Meringues are made with egg whites, so they're fat free!