Orange Fluffy Sponge. The key to a light and fluffy sponge cake is to make sure to gently fold the egg whites that have been stiffly beaten into the rest of the batter. The only things I whip together are the eggs sugar zest and oj. I then stir in the flour/baking powder and then gently fold in the whites.
The butter added some richness, but all in all, this is a great way to end a springtime meal, with a cake that is citrusy and fluffy. Separate eggs, beat yolks till thick and lemon colored. This orange sponge cake is fluffy, delicious, moist and light. You can have Orange Fluffy Sponge using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Fluffy Sponge
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 7 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Orange rind.
- It’s 5 tbsp of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
The delicate orange flavor is subtle and not at all overpowering. If you are looking for a simple, quick treat that tastes heavenly every single time, then this is your go-to recipe. Beat egg whites until stiff, then add yolks one at a time, beating between each addition. Combine flour, powder and salt and fold into juice mixture.
Orange Fluffy Sponge instructions
- Separate eggs, beat yolks till thick and lemon colored..
- Gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar and beat well..
- Add Orange juice and rind and beat in flour..
- Whip egg whites till foaming, add salt and cream and cream of tartar..
- Beat until stiff but not dry..
- Beat remaining 3/4 c sugar into egg whites..
- Fold yellow mixture into the white, folding carefully until well blended..
- When mixed, place in a cold oven in an angel food pan..
- Let over at 325°. Bake for 1 hours..
- It only takes one hour for cold oven and 40 minutes for a hot oven..
Even better when chilled for an hour. Orange flavored gelatin is stirred into whipped topping and then folded into a bowl of cottage cheese, crushed pineapple and mandarin oranges. Directions In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Orange Chiffon Cake This easy Orange Chiffon Cake is bouncy, fluffy and light.