Chapli Kabobs. Chapli kebab is a form of kebabs widely popular in Pakistan. Mixed together with a South Asian blend of spices, the beef is flattened into circles and shallow-fried. The patty must have a charred exterior for an authentic look and flavor!
This popular barbecue dish is popular among Afghanistan and Pakistan region. The origin of this kebab is very interesting. The word chapli derives from the Pashto and the word chapli means flat. You can have Chapli Kabobs using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chapli Kabobs
- Prepare 2 lb of ground meat beef or lamb.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions.
- It’s 1 pinch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of green beel pepper.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin.
- You need 1 pinch of coriander.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of hot red chilli pepper.
- You need 1 of flour.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
Keep aside this paste in a bowl until required. Chapli Kabab is a Pakhtun styled Pakistani minced kebab, originated from Peshawar. It is made from minced mutton or beef with added spices and shaped into a form of round patty. The dish basically originated from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and is also commonly known as Peshawari Kabab.
Chapli Kabobs step by step
- Take 11/2 lb of ground beef or ground lamb, put it in a bowl, and set it aside..
- In a blender or food processor, chop finely one bunch of cleaned green onions, one bunch of washed cilantro, and 1/2 of a green bell pepper. You want the mix to have the consistency of paste or else you will have chunks of ingredients sticking out of the kabob and the small pieces will burn upon frying. Take the mix out of the food processor and into a clean medium sized bowl. To the mix, add 1 tablespoon (tbsp) of finely chopped garlic and then add the meat to this bowl..
- Mix the ingredients together well and then add 3 tbsp of ground cilantro seeds, 3 tbsp of cumin, and 2 tbsp of coriander..
- Add the chicken broth and the salt.
- Add the chilli pepper to the food processor and crush until made powder, make sure you take the seeds off when you clean it before putting in the food processor.
- When all of the ingredients are mixed well into the meat, it should be soft but not sloppy. If it is, then add a little bit (1tbsp) of all purpose flour. Do not add too much flour or it will ruin the taste..
- In a frying pan add 1 cup of vegetable oil and put on medium heat. To make the kabobs uniform, take enough mix to make a ball, the press the ball and make into a patty. Do not make them too thick or they will not cook inside..
- Once cooked on one side, flip and cook the other, once done, pat dry with paper towel to dry the excess of oil..
In bowl,add beef mince,grated & squeeze onion,green chilli,ginger garlic paste,fresh coriander,dried pomegranate seeds,coriander seeds,red chili crushed,cumin powder,salt,garam masala powder,carom seeds,black pepper powder and mix until well combined. Add maize flour and mix well. Chapli Kababs are one of many Pakistani kabab from the region of Peshawar and are also called Peshawari kababs. The word chapli means flatten in the Pashto language. The kebabs are round and flattened minced meat cutlets with coarsely grounded spices and chopped tomatoes.