Kick ASS Loaded BBQ Beans. Brown the ground sausage (do not fully cook, should be slightly pink since this will cook with the beans) Add in your diced onions while browning the meat (this releases their flavor DUH!!). When done drain half the grease. Add browned meat and onions in with beans.
The bacon adds texture and a savoury sweet deliciousness. Since these beans are cooked uncovered, everything gets caramelized and the beans are not mush. Since every oven is different, check your beans at an hour and a half. You can cook Kick ASS Loaded BBQ Beans using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kick ASS Loaded BBQ Beans
- You need 3 lb of can of Bush's Original Baked Beans.
- It’s 1 cup of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce (Honey Chipolte).
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 small of Sweet Onion.
- Prepare of Optional.
- It’s 1 of Beacon.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded Beef/Pork.
- It’s 1 of Shot of Jack Daniels.
- You need 1 of Maple Syrup.
- You need 1 of Honey.
- You need 1 of The Kitchen Sink.
- Prepare 1 of The mother-in-law.
Kick Ass Baked Beans recipe by Mandee Solko (Meyer), is from The Meyer Family Cookbook, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Family cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook. Serve warm or at room temperature. The Kicked-Up Canned Baked Beans can be assembled up to two days ahead of time.
Kick ASS Loaded BBQ Beans instructions
- Most versatile and easiest recipe you will ever do… if 4 drunk and stoned college students can make this, so can you…You can cook it fast, slow, on the grill, or in the smoker! (for best results cook in smoker with big @$$ beef brisket and jalapeno poppers).
- Add beans to sauce pan (simmer) or crock pot on low setting if cooking low n slow..
- Dice your onion..
- Brown the ground sausage (do not fully cook, should be slightly pink since this will cook with the beans) Add in your diced onions while browning the meat (this releases their flavor DUH!!). When done drain half the grease..
- Add browned meat and onions in with beans..
- Add brown sugar (to taste)..
- Remember anything less than sweet baby Rays is a sin!!! On that note… Add BBQ sauce (to Taste). Honey Chipotle is the best! Gives the beans that BBQ taste with a sweet zest! You can you use whatever flavor of BBQ sauce flaps your chicken… If you want to go all out you can add individual ingredients that make up a BBQ sauce. Like I said this is a versatile recipe!.
- Add liquid smoke if not placing in smoker..
- Add in any additional items to taste/liking. I have added beer for a "hoppy" taste, bourbon (better be Jack Daniels), honey, shredded pork, shredded brisket, beacon… Go wild with it… if 4 stoned/drunk college students can make it why can't you? You can't mess this up!.
- Stir this sweet n zesty mixture of goodness! Simmer it (10-15 min), slow cook it (2-3 Hours), or if you're a real man (or wife of a real man) and you own one… stick it in the smoker (4 hours)! If you smoke this you will want to use a "lighter" wood such as Hickory, oak, or apple, or you can simmer it and throw in the smoker the last hour should you want to use "heavier" or "stronger" wood such as mesquite..
- Best served with friends, beer, (No, I don't smoke any more LOL), salad, and smoked beef brisket!.
If making ahead, simply refrigerate covered until needed. When needed, bake uncovered for one hour or until hot, bubbling and the top is caramelized. Some people mix in various mustards, or liquors, or molasses, or brown sugar, or both. Southern Baked Beans, BBQ Baked Beans, Easy Baked Beans. There are a ton of variations, from baked beans with bacon, to baked beans with sausage, to baked beans with salt pork or short ribs.