strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie). strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) this a fresh light and airy pie that contains no flour. In an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Believed to have originated in Monterrey in Mexico's north-east, mostachon is a traditional meringue cake, which typically includes crushed plain biscuits and walnuts in the meringue to create an extra crisp base.
Fold the egg white mixture into the dry ingredients with a spatula. Actually I do not even know whether to call it a cake, or maybe a pie? And this is beacuse mostachon actually has no cake at all. You can cook strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie)
- Prepare of base.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of cream of tartar.
- You need 2 cup of crushed ritz crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 4 large of egg whites.
- It’s of topping.
- It’s 1 packages of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped strawberries.
It has a meringue base with ground cookies and nuts that it´s baked and then you add whipped cream (or other type of cream) and some fruits on top. Make sure bowls, beaters, and other utensils are extra clean and dry. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. In an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) step by step
- preheat oven to 350°f.
- in a clean glass, or copper bowl whip eggwhites and cream of tartar with an electic mixer until soft peaks form.
- add baking powder and vanilla and continue beating for 30 seconds.
- and sugar a tablespoon at a time until the mixture forms stiff peaks (it should look white and glossy).
- stop beating with mixer and fold in crackers and pecans with a spatula being careful not to deflate the meringue mixture.
- pour into a greased 8 inch cake pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until the meringue is dry and golden brown.
- meanwhile meringue is in the oven prepare the topping.
- whip cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy add vanilla extract and whipping cream and continue beating until it has doubled in size.
- once meringue is out of the oven let cool for about 1 hour.
- place on a serving platter top with the whipped cream mixture and chopped strawberries and enjoy!.
- *Note: left overs should be stored in the refrigerator.
Strawberry meringue cake mostachon recipe marcela valladolid strawberry mostachon mexican meringue pie recipe by cantalicia strawberry meringue cake mostachon recipe recipes mango mostachon cake a mexican cook. Whats people lookup in this blog: Share. Strawberry Mostachon Mexican Meringue Pie Recipe By Cantalicia MostachÓn De Fresa Receta Paso A Pastel Keto You Strawberries Cream Mostachon Cake Think Magazine Strawberry Mostachon READ Rye Pale Ale Recipe Reddit. Spread the meringue evenly over cake batter. Cool in pans on wire racks (meringue will crack).