Bbq bacon meatloaf. Place one slice of bacon over the top of the meatloaf, tucking the ends under the loaf. Repeat with the remaining slices of bacon, covering the top of the meatloaf completely. My BBQ Meatloaf Recipe has so much flavor from the barbecue sauce, bacon, and cheddar you won't be able to resist having seconds.
If unsure, check the loaf with an instant-read food thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf. The topping on this bacon meatloaf recipe is so rich and delicious and it's so easy to make! It's made of: ketchup; barbecue sauce; dark brown sugar; crushed red pepper; cider vinegar; The result is a beautifully tangy and sweet sauce and it works so well with the whole dish. You can have Bbq bacon meatloaf using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bbq bacon meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/2 of small onion.
- You need 1 lb of bacon.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of bbq sauce (i use regular sweet baby rays).
- You need 1 packages of cheddar cheese cubes.
Top Tips to Make This Bacon. This savory version of meatloaf has beef, bacon, and cheese, as well as an arsenal of spices. Don't worry – you probably have all of these seasonings in your cupboard already. Onion powder, Lawry's season salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard.
Bbq bacon meatloaf step by step
- Take half of the bacon and puree to a paste in a blender..
- Mix eveything else except the bbq sauce in a bowl with the bacon paste..
- Fill a loaf pan half way up, then baste with the bbq sauce..
- Fill up the rest of the loaf pan and baste again with bbq sauce. Use the rest of the bacon to cover the top, then baste again..
- Bake at 400 for 50-55 min.
Wrap the meatloaf in the bacon weave or simply wrap with some strips of bacon. Place the meatloaf onto a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish lined with aluminum foil. Add the diced onion, green pepper and ground meat to a large bowl. Add the bbq sauce, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix the meatloaf with your hands and set aside.