Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides. Great recipe for Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides. For those of you in the know, I recently asked my wife to pick me up a three pound Prime Rib for my students. Stop by for Lunch or Dinner!
My husband had the prime rib and I had the pulled pork. Everything was really good – loved the cole slaw. If you're looking for BBQ or Barbecue — Mike's Smokehouse restaurant has got you covered. You can cook Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides using 32 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides
- It’s of ● For The Prime Rib, Chuck Or Rump Roast.
- You need 4 Pounds of Beef Roast Of Choice [5 pounds if bone in].
- You need as needed of Garlic Olive Oil.
- It’s of ● For The Beef Roast Dry Rub.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Course Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Dried Oregano.
- It’s of ● For The BBQ Sauce Base Sauté.
- You need 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1 of LG Jalapeño [chopped].
- You need 5 of LG Cloves Fresh Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil.
- It’s of ● For The Homemade BBQ Sauce [or use 17 ozs your favorite sauce].
- Prepare of Or, See Step #9 For An Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare of ● For The Breads/Buns [slider buns work great as well].
- Prepare as needed of Your Choice Of Fresh Thick Rolls.
- It’s as needed of Butter Or Garlic Herb Butter.
- It’s of ● For The Toppings & Sides.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Thin Sliced White Onions [topping].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Thin Sliced Red Onions [topping].
- It’s as needed of Dill Pickle Slices [topping].
- Prepare as needed of Sliced Jalapeños [topping].
- You need as needed of Chilled Cole Slaw [topping or side].
- Prepare as needed of Seasoned Corn On The Cob [side].
- Prepare as needed of Bourbon Baked Beans [side].
- You need as needed of BBQ Baked Beans [side].
BBQ is king, but we also pride ourselves on awesome APPS, sides and fixin's. For the sandwiches: Place the rolls on a baking sheet and brush the cut sides with some olive oil. Carefully cut the meat off the bone. A Leftover Prime Rib Sandwich is the best way to enjoy your prime rib roast leftovers.
Mike's BBQ Prime Rib Sandwiches & Summertime Sides step by step
- Rinse your roast and pat dry..
- Mix your dry rub well..
- Coat roast with olive oil and press dry rub tightly on roast. Top, bottom and sides. Use all..
- Roast at 400° on a lifted rack for the first 15 minutes. Then, reduce temperature to 325° for 25 minutes per pound uncovered. Know that if you feel your meat is too rare, you can always tighten it up during your BBQ Sauce simmer..
- Allow roast to sit for 5 minutes on counter. Then, cut your roast in large thin slices. Trim all fat and discard..
- Fine slice meat in thin manageable strips..
- Sauté your garlic, onions and pepper in olive oil until translucent. About 7 minutes. Be careful not to burn your garlic..
- Make your BBQ sauce or, use your favorite sauce. Sweet Baby Rays is one of the better ones out there on the market IMHO..
- HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE RECIPE 1-1/2 cups quality ketchup – 1/4 cup packed brown sugar – 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce – 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsp dried mustard – 1 tsp liquid smoke – 1/2 tsp salt – 1 tsp granulated garlic powder – 1 tsp granulated onion powder- 1 tsp course ground black pepper. Double if needed. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add BBQ Sauce to your sauté. Simmer for 10 minutes covered. Stir occasionally..
- Add your thin sliced beef to BBQ Sauce and simmer for.20 minutes uncovered to thicken stirring occasionally..
- Pick your choice of fresh rolls but make certain they're sturdy enough to stand up to your heavy meats, sauce and toppings..
- Coat your bread with butter or, garlic herb butter. Toast or grill for 3 to 5 minutes at 325° or, until crispy..
- See my recipe under, "Mike's Bourbon Baked Beans." Or, "Mike's BBQ Baked Beans," if interested..
- See my recipe under "Mike's 5 Way Corn On The Cob," if interested..
- See my recipe under, "Mike's Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw," if interested..
- Or, "Mike's Chilly Summer Cole Slaw," if interested.
- Enjoy with stout or ice cold lager beer!.
This recipe details how to make the best prime rib sandwich! Caramelized onions, dressed arugula greens, shaved leftover prime rib roast, and a roasted garlic horseradish mayo all come together for this incredible sandwich. This may also sell successfully in convenience stores or concession stands. If your prime rib was left whole (not in slices) from the previous night's dinner, all you need to do is grab your sharpest knife, and slice the prime rib as thinly as possible for your sandwiches. If you're left with thick leftover prime rib slices , cut those slices into bite-sized cubes and serve them in your sandwich that way.