Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf. Great recipe for Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf. This is my sister Dee-Dee's go-to meatloaf, her family's favorite for decades. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan.
Uncle Dee was the kindest, most non-judgemental person I have ever known. All of his life Dee had a severe stutter. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside. You can have Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf
- Prepare 1 1/3 lb. of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/3 lb. of Ground pork.
- Prepare 2 of lg. Eggs.
- You need 2 T of dried minced onions.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce (+ 1/3 cup for top).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix **.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, mix together meat loaf ingredients. Add half of the sauce to the meat loaf mixture; mix well. Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, ½ cup SBR Original Barbecue Sauce, cheese and seasonings in large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment. Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan.
Dee's Barbecue Meatloaf instructions
- Before opening the stuffing mix, smash with a rolling pin so the bread cubes are crumbs..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix together all ingredients (reserving 1/3 cup barbecue sauce). Best way to mix is with your clean (gloved) hands..
- Divide and shape into two loaves. Place in baking dish and cover with remaining barbecue sauce..
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 60-75 minutes. Transfer to serving platter or cutting board and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving..
Brush remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce over top. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg and seasonings in large bowl. Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. It's sweet and delicious, and goes great with this BBQ meatloaf recipe! If you're going to serve the perfect meatloaf you should also serve the The Best Mac and Cheese.