BBQ Beef. Shredded for sandwiches, it will serve a dozen. Beef Barbecue We like to keep our freezer stocked with plenty of beef roasts. When we're not in the mood for pot roast, I fix these satisfying sandwiches instead.
Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from pan juices and thicken juices if desired. Slow-Cooked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches Chuck roast makes delicious shredded beef sandwiches after simmering in a rich, homemade sauce all day. You can cook BBQ Beef using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Beef
- Prepare 2-3 pounds of beef (typically this could be a roast).
- It’s 1 bottle of Heinz chili sauce (must use Heinz).
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1/2 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 2 (28 oz.) of cans whole tomatoes (Redpack).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- It’s 8-12 oz. of water or beef broth.
- It’s of Hamburger buns or rolls.
- Prepare of Salt to taste (1/4 tsp.).
Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade. Heat a grill or grill pan to hot. Both the barbecue sauce and shredded beef can be made ahead of time and reheated together in the crockpot. Combine shredded beef and cooked sauce and cook, covered, on LOW until hot.
BBQ Beef step by step
- Cut beef into cubes and dice onion. Brown in oil with garlic powder and pepper in a roast pan..
- Chop celery (with leaves). Add celery, chili sauce and tomatoes to roaster with the beef. Smash tomatoes with a fork. Add water and salt. I like it very "brothy" so I add a little more water. This is important so it doesn't dry out while roasting..
- Cover with roaster lid and cook at 350 degrees for at least 2-3 hours or until the beef falls apart. Stir occasionally, breaking up the tomatoes, and make sure to add water when needed..
- Remove cubes of beef and set aside to cool. Smash tomatoes to break them up more if needed. Once the beef cubes are cooled, shred apart and add back to roaster. Cook another 1/2 hour to reheat..
- Serve on rolls of choice or hamburger buns. Best with a side of potato chips and macaroni salad…Enjoy!!!.
- I will usually use a pound of beef to a half bottle of Heinz chili sauce. You can vary the recipe to your taste. I will cook it sometimes at 300 degrees for a longer time to make the beef very tender..
If you'd prefer, store-bought barbecue sauce can be used. Shredded Beef Barbecue This beef roast simmers for hours in a homemade barbecue sauce, so it's very tender and easy to shred for sandwiches. The mixture freezes well, too. -Lori Bergquist of Wilton, North Dakota This is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef. Place roast in a large covered pan. Y'all ready to learn how Aaron Franklin makes beef ribs?