Spicy Eggplant Pasta.
You can cook Spicy Eggplant Pasta using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Pasta
- Prepare 2 of medium eggplants.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil, divided.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped plum tomatoes or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbs of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of red pepper flakes, plus extra for finishing.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh, chopped basil, plus extra for finishing.
- You need 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- You need of Parmesan cheese to top.
Spicy Eggplant Pasta instructions
- Cut the eggplants crosswise, into 1 inch thick slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, salt them well on both sides, and set aside for half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat two tablespoons of olive oil over the eggplant, tossing the slices to coat them. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast them until they're tender and browning, about 20 minutes..
- While the eggplant roasts, heat remaining tablespoon of the olive oil on low heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and the minced garlic and sauté them until onions are soft (8 to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened up, about 10 to 12 minutes. When the eggplant is ready, remove it from the oven, chop it into 1 inch pieces, and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer gently on very low heat..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and gently fold in the sauce. Top the pasta with additional chopped basil and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve..