Smothered Pork Steak. Dry the pork steaks and trim off any excess fat from the edges. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan (or oven-safe pan with cover) over medium-high heat. Basically, it's any cut of steak served in a gravy or served with gravy poured over it.
Place flour in a flat surfaced dish (save unused flour for smothering). Sprinkle front and back side of each steak piece and rub deep into groves of steak. Heat oil to medium high in skillet (cast iron is best). You can cook Smothered Pork Steak using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered Pork Steak
- It’s 3 lb of pork steak.
- It’s 1 large of onion sliced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 of milk or water depends on your taste or what you have on hand at the time. I prefer milk..
Dredge each piece in flour, press in with finger tips. heat oil in large frying pan over high heat, brown steaks on both sides on high. chop onion & add onion, mushrooms & cream of mushroom soup to chops, redude to low & cover. Sprinkle pork chops with poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper on both sides. Add the pork steaks to pan, taking care not to overcrowd the pan and cooking in batches if needed. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining pork steaks.
Smothered Pork Steak instructions
- mix flour and cajun seasoning in a one gallon resealable bag.
- put pork steak in bag and shake until well coated with seasoned flour.
- heat the oil on meduim high in a dutch oven or large cast iron skillet and brown pork steaks add oil if needed..
- remove steaks and use remaining oil to saute onion.
- remove onion, turn heat down to meduim and melt butter in dutch oven.
- whisk remaining seasoned flour into butter and brown slightly.
- slowly add milk or water while stirring with wisk until gravy is smooth and slighty thinner than you want it to be. gravy will thicken as it cooks..
- add steaks and onions back to the pan in layers and simmer for 45 mins. to 1 hour.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. While browning, season both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Home » Recipes » Main Dishes » Baked BBQ Pork Steak Recipe in the Oven. Baked BBQ Pork Steak Recipe in the Oven. To smother meat means to cook it low-and-slow in rich gravy until the meat becomes ridiculously tender.