Chirashi Sushi Rolls. Make sushi rolls with the chirashi sushi-mixed rice using sliced dashimaki tamago and broccolini in the middle. Line up on a serving plate and it's done. Another close translation for it is "sushi rice salad"; just to give you another idea for the basic original Japanese meaning of the word.
Spread simmered shiitake, cucumber, imitation crab meat, and omelet strips over rice. Chirashi Sushi (Chirashizushi) is a kind of Sushi dish with thinly sliced Sashimi raw fish placed over a bed of Sushi Rice, instead of single pieces (Nigiri Sushi) or rolls (Maki Sushi). Chirashi Sushi is sometimes mixed up with Barazushi which doesn't contain much raw fish other than decoration. You can have Chirashi Sushi Rolls using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chirashi Sushi Rolls
- You need 1 bag of Commercial chirashi sushi mix.
- You need 3 of bowlfuls of rice Plain cooked rice.
- It’s 10 of Broccolini (parboiled).
- It’s of For the dashimaki tamago:.
- You need 2 of ＊ Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ＊ Shiro-dashi.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ＊ Water.
- You need 70 grams of Frozen edamame (shelled).
- It’s 3 of whole sheets Toasted nori.
Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare or can be made ahead.
Chirashi Sushi Rolls step by step
- Boil the frozen edamame quickly. Shell and peel the membrane (use as much edamame as you like.).
- Beat the eggs and the ＊ ingredients together, and make the dashimaki tamago. Use whatever brand of chirashi sushi mix you like!.
- Toss the rice, chirashi sushi mix and edamame together..
- Make sushi rolls with the chirashi sushi-mixed rice using sliced dashimaki tamago and broccolini in the middle..
- Cut each roll into 8 portions. Line up on a serving plate and it's done..
It not only paints a colorful picture but also delivers an explosion of textures and flavors. Chirashi Sushi is served on happy occasions and at parties in Japan. This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. The dishes you see in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan is just a tiny, tiny collection of what we eat in Japan. Traditionally sushi rice is used, and chirashi rice contains more rice vinegar than is used in sushi maki rolls and nigiri.