You can cook Eggplant Rollatini using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Rollatini
- Prepare 1 of eggplant, peeled and cut long ways.
- It’s 2-3 cups of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 15 oz of container of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of mozzarella- slice about 2/3s and grate the rest so it’s shredded in pieces (about 2 tbsp of shredded cheese).
- It’s 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- It’s of Frying oil, enough to cover about 1 inch of your pan.
- You need of Dried parsley.
- It’s of Salt, pepper.
- It’s of Dried basil.
- Prepare of Toothpicks.
Eggplant Rollatini step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Season eggs with salt and pepper. Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese..
- Dredge eggplant in egg, then breadcrumb mixture..
- Fry til golden brown.
- In the meantime mix ricotta with the shredded mozzarella, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and basil..
- Scoop spoonfuls of ricotta mixture into the middle of the eggplant..
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks..
- Place rolled up eggplant in baking dish. Once its placed remove the toothpicks..
- Spread sauce evenly and top with the sliced mozzarella..
- Bake for 30 minutes or til cheese is golden bubbly..
- Serve with garlic bread or pasta..