Diamond Shaped Doll Festival Sushi. Hinamatsuri is also called Momo no Sekku, which means a festival of peach blossoms. Peach blossoms, shiro-zake (white fermented rice wine) and hishi-mochi (diamond-shaped rice cakes) are placed on the stand with the hina dolls. Hishi-mochi are colored pink representing peach flowers, white representing snow, and green representing new growth.
Hishi Mochi commonly consists of three layers: pink, white, and green, from top to bottom.. Then place the white Sushi rice and the Aonori Sushi rice one after another and flatten as well. At the festival, people eat hishi-mochi (red, white, and green diamond-shaped rice cakes), hina-arare (cubic rice crackers for Hina-matsuri), the dishes (soup, for example) of red sea bream or hamaguri (common oriental clam), chirashi sushi (literally, scattered sushi, or a bowl of sushi rice topped with an assortment of fish, vegetables, and. You can cook Diamond Shaped Doll Festival Sushi using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Diamond Shaped Doll Festival Sushi
- You need 360 ml of For the sushi rice:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sakura denbu (mashed and seasoned pink fish).
- You need 2 tbsp of Aonori.
- You need 2 slice of Smoked salmon.
- You need 1 of Salmon roe.
- Prepare 1 of for garnish Broccoli.
- It’s 1 of Egg (For making kinshi tamago egg strips).
In almost any other country, a doll festival would sound… sorta creepy.. And diamond-shaped hishi mochi, with pink, white and green layers. Some people get fancy with round temari sushi. Sushi's a good choice, as inarizushi and chirashizushi are commonly eaten on Hina Matsuri too.
Diamond Shaped Doll Festival Sushi instructions
- Fry the egg in a thin omelette and cut into strips (kinshi tamago). Boil broccoli in salt water or microwave..
- Divide the sushi rice into 3 equal portions to make 3 different colors of sushi rice. For pink: Mix with the sakura denbu For green: Mix with aonori; For white: as-is..
- Cut the milk carton into about 6cm length, draw a lines on the outside with a marker at 2cm intervals. Cut a notch into the lines with scissors. (This is to mark where to pack the sushi rice up to.).
- Cut one corner of the carton open vertically, and tape that corner back together with masking tape. Make sure that the tape does not get folded into the inside of the carton. (This makes it easier to remove the sushi rice when finished.).
- Place the milk carton on top of a sheet of plastic wrap, pack in the green sushi on the very bottom up to the first notch, add in the white sushi rice up to the second notch, and fill the milk carton up the rest of the way with the pink sushi rice..
- Cut smoked salmon into small pieces and stack together, making a flower as shown in the photo..
- Place the sushi rice from Step 5 onto a plate, and remove the milk carton. Decorate with the salmon flower, broccoli, egg strips, and salmon roe then it's done ..
Doll Festival Chirashi Sushi Made Easy with Plastic Wrap Step By Step. Cook the rice, add in the sushi vinegar base, and make sushi rice. Boil finely cut shiitake mushrooms, finely cut carrots, and flower-shaped carrots in the base. Chop up the snow peas, and quickly boil in salt water. No matter what you call it though, the way it's supposed to be celebrated is the same.