Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl. The whole family will love Andrew's version of classic Japanese yakitori. Braise chicken in soy, mirin and dashi to achieve the same delicious, complex flavors found in izakayas all over Japan. Be the first to review this recipe.
Great recipe for Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl. I love yakiniku, but skewering them is a real pain. I thought about making a rice bowl, and it was delicious. You can cook Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl
- Prepare 1 of Chicken breast (thigh also OK).
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ☆Katakuriko.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s of Kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelette).
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
Cheap breast meat is also delicious. If you don't have time just massage in the flour and sake, you don't have to let it sit in the. Mirin is a rice wine low in alcohol, and most of it cooks off in this recipe. For a nonalcoholic substitute, use a mixture of equal parts rice vinegar and sugar.
Chicken Breast Yakitori Rice Bowl step by step
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, add to a bowl and massage in the ☆ ingredients. Set aside. Refrigerate to allow the flavor to marinade..
- Make the kinshi tamago..
- Cook the chicken, 4 to 5 minutes on one side..
- Turn over, cover with a lid, and steam-cook..
- Mix in the ★ ingredients and combine..
- Once it looks like this, it's complete..
- In a bowl with rice add plenty of the kinshi tamago and top with the meat and it's finished. It's also delicious topped with some sansho pepper..
The rice vinegar is great for things like sushi, marinades, salad dressings, or like this delicious Chicken Yakitori sauce that you are going to flip over. I even use it a lot when I am making my own Teriyaki sauce – and I make an amazing Crunchy Slaw Salad that pops because of the rice vinegar flavor. Combine soy sauce through chicken broth in microwavable bowl. For the chicken yakitori and rice: Soak skewers in water. Meanwhile, sauté greens, oyster mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until the greens are wilted.