Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento 2013. I made this whilst thinking about everyone's favourite foods. Recipe by SHUNSHUN mama Hanami Bento: Spring in a Box No Cherry Blossom viewing party is complete without colorful hanami bentos. Specially prepared by professional chefs and home cooks throughout Japan for their customers and loved ones to enjoy during this important spring festival, these delightful bento boxes are brimming with the bounty of the season.
In this video, I will show you how to arrange Inarizushi for Hanami Bento (Bento box for Sakura / cherry blossom viewing). Colourful Hanami bento box, an ideal component for cherry blossom viewing parties. From late March to early May cherry trees bloom all over Japan for only a few weeks each year. You can cook Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento 2013 using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento 2013
- You need 1 of Spinach & sesame dressing.
- It’s 1 of Potato salad.
- Prepare 1 of Nebaneba salad.
- Prepare 1 of using 2 servings of chicken Karaage fried chicken.
- It’s 1 of Chikuzen-ni.
- It’s 1 of Salmon & mushroom butter stir-fry.
- You need 500 grams of mince worth Simmered hamburgers.
- Prepare 6 of eggs' worth Dashimaki tamago (2 types).
- Prepare 1 of Edamame.
- Prepare 20 of Chilli Prawns.
- You need 1 of Cucumber wrapped in chikuwa.
- You need 1 of Asparagus wrapped in bacon.
- You need 1 of using 600 grams cooked rice 3-colour onigiri rice balls.
- It’s 1 of Strawberries & oranges.
Cherry blossom viewing is very informal, of course, and so finger foods and other casual foods are common. Along with a bento filled with things like inarizushi(see recipe below), a group might bring along a small hibachi to grill yakitori (grilled chicken on a skewer) or kushidango, sweet rice dumplings brushed with a sugar-soy mixture. We will rent a bicycle from Ibaraki station, then head for Terumi's studio. First learn Japanese food culture, bento experience for one hour.
Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento 2013 step by step
- Prepare the salad, marinade the karaage, prawns, and burgers the night before..
- In the morning, fry the hamburgers, deep fry the karaage, and cool the prawns in chili sauce, etc. You don't need to do any cutting or prep so it should be pretty easy to get it all done..
Then let's go for a cherry blossom picnic on a beautiful national park. Hanami is a long-standing Japanese tradition of welcoming spring. Also known as the "cherry blossom festival," this annual celebration is about appreciating. BENTO consists of a small box packed with a well-balanced, colorful meal made using a variety of seasonal. Those eaten at hanami parties are called hanami bento, and feature items like makizushi (sushi rolls), inarizushi (sushi rice stuffed in fried tofu pouches), tamagoyaki (Japanese-style omelet) and kamaboko (pink and white fish cakes).