Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi). Combine all the sushi vinegar ingredients into a pot and turn on the heat. Once the salt and sugar has dissolved, immediately turn off the heat and let cool. If you cut the kinshi tamago into squares, you can make it look real nice.
For those of you that have never had it, chirashi sushi i a bowl of vinegared sushi rice topped with a bunch of colorful stuff. At most sushi restaurants this means covering the rice with slices of various raw fish, but that's not always how it's made. In Kanto (関東, the eastern region of Japan, which includes Tokyo and surrounding prefectures), Chirashizushi consists of sushi rice topped with various raw fish pieces that are used for nigirizushi (hand-pressed sushi that you find at sushi train). You can cook Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi) using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi)
- It’s 80 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
- Prepare 2 of eggs' worth Kinshi tamago.
- Prepare 3 of pieces Dried gourd.
- You need 1/3 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 block of Koya tofu.
- You need 8 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 50 grams of Kamaboko.
- You need 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 of Beni shouga red pickled ginger.
- It’s of For the sushi rice.
- Prepare 450 grams of White rice.
- Prepare 5 of cm square Kombu.
- You need 1 dash of less than usual Water.
- Prepare of For sushi vinegar.
- You need 5 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of For the seasonings.
- You need 300 ml of Water from re-hydrating shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each Sugar/mirin/sake.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Japanese dashi stock powder.
This Chirashi Sushi is made of sushi rice and topped with a beautiful medley of vegetables, egg crepe, and sashimi. Let's learn how to make a quick and easy version today with a store-bought seasoning mix. We also have a made-from-scratch version on the blog. Chirashi Sushi is served on happy occasions and at parties in Japan.
Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi) step by step
- Cook the rice with the konbu. Use a little less water than usual..
- Moisten the gourds with water, then rub with a generous amount of salt. Boil for 5 minutes, then finely chop..
- Re-hydrate the shiitake mushrooms in 300 ml of water. You will use the liquid later, so keep it. Re-hydrate the koya dofu in water as well (about 3 minutes)..
- Chop the gourds, carrots, bamboo shoots, shiitake mushrooms, koya dofu, and kamaboko into 5-8 mm chunks..
- Combine all the sushi vinegar ingredients into a pot and turn on the heat. Once the salt and sugar has dissolved, immediately turn off the heat and let cool..
- If you cut the kinshi tamago into squares, you can make it look real nice. You can give the rough ends to your kids to eat. Slice the egg crepe to make kinshi tamago..
- Simmer the filling ingredients. Bring the liquid to a boil, then cook the shiitake, carrots, and bamboo shoots over low heat. After 15 minutes, add all remaining fillings and let cook for 2 more minutes to let the flavors absorb..
- Transfer to a shallow container and let cool. When cooking the rice, cook with a little less water than usual and cook with the konbu. Once cooked, remove the konbu..
- Mix up the rice in the rice pot and add the sushi vinegar, then mix into the rice with the rice spatula using cutting motions. Once mixed in, cool with a hand fan to bring out the shine..
- Mix together with the cooled fillings, then garnish with the kinshi tamago, shredded nori, and sesame seeds. Serve with the beni shouga and enjoy!.
- To make kinshi tamago, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152675-ultra-thin-and-beautiful-shredded-egg-for-chirashi-sushi.
- To make your own dried shiitake mushrooms, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143982-sun-dried-shiitake-mushrooms-with-butter-and-soy-sauce.
- You can make a very colorful chirashi sushi by adding shrimp or salmon, tuna, mackerel, octopus, squid, salmon roe, etc on top!.
This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. The dishes you see in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan is just a tiny, tiny collection of what we eat in Japan. Add the shiitake mushrooms, aburaage, carrot and lotus root and turn on the burner. When it comes to a rolling boil, ladle out the foam to remove any unwanted flavor. Then, add the sake, sugar, soy sauce and salt and lightly stir.