Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl. Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl cookpad.japan. I recreated a delicious Tokyo-style red gyuudon that I had in Ueno. We provide you only the perfect Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl recipe here.
Before you jump to Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy. Garnish each bowl with a poached egg (if using), sliced scallions, beni-shoga, and togarashi. Gyudon is basically a dish of thinly sliced fatty beef, cooked in a slightly sweet mixture of mirin and soy sauce and served over rice. You can have Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl
- It’s 600 grams of Thinly sliced beef.
- Prepare 4 of servings Cooked rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 4 of eggs Onsen tamago (soft poached egg).
- You need of Sukiyaki Sauce.
- Prepare 280 ml of Dashi stock.
- It’s 60 ml of Mirin.
- You need 60 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 80 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Gyuudon (white).
- Prepare 5 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- It’s of Gyuudon (red).
- It’s 1 of Spicy miso.
- You need 1 of Chili threads.
- Prepare of Deluxe Spicy Miso.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Gochujang.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Tianmianjiang.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Grated garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chicken stock granules.
Sake is also sometimes added for extra flavor. At the place I went to in Beijing, the would serve it piping hot with a raw egg yolk on top. Gyudon (Beef Bowl) With thinly sliced beef and sweet onions over a bowl of steaming rice, this Gyudon (牛丼), or "beef bowl" is a mouthwatering Japanese classic that comes together in minutes. The secret to tender flavorful beef is to gently simmer the meat in a broth made from dashi, white wine, and sake.
Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl step by step
- First make the soft poached eggs. Wash the room temperature eggs and place into a plastic bag. Place into the rice cooker with the already cooked rice. Let stand for 1 hour..
- Make the deluxe spicy miso. Combine all of the ingredients, let sit for 10 minutes and it's done..
- Make the sukiyaki sauce. Pour the sake and mirin into a pot and turn on the heat. Once the alcohol has cooked off, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. It's done..
- Cut the onion into 6-7 mm slices and separate each slice. Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and cook the onions. Once the onions have become slightly transparent, add the sukiyaki sauce. Bring it to a boil and then add the beef..
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for no less than 3 minutes. Cook thoroughly. Even though it's beef, if it's not cooked enough there is still a risk of food poisoning..
- Top the bowls of rice with the beef. Break a soft poached egg into the center of the beef and sprinkle with threaded chili pepper around the egg..
- This completes the red gyuudon..
- Place butter next to the egg and top with shredded nori, this completes the white gyuudon..
Gyudon is a delicious bowl of thinly sliced beef and onions that have been simmered in a delicious Japanese dashi broth. You can see how to make the tsuyu dashi sauce we use in this recipe here. The meat absorbs the flavours and the sauce is also poured over the rice, it's seriously delicious! Simmered beef is served on top of steamed rice. It's one of the most popular rice bowl dishes (donburi) in Japan.