You can cook Eggplant Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Lasagna
- You need 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil,.
- It’s 1 Clove of Garlic Thinly Sliced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Italian Seasoning,.
- Prepare 14 oz of Canned Diced Tomatoes,.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Prepare of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Cooking.
- It’s Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- It’s 300 g of Ground Chicken,.
- Prepare of Eggplant, 4 Large.
- It’s Pinch of White Pepper,.
- You need 1 Handful of Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated,.
- You need of Fresh Basil Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
- Prepare of Low Moisture Mozzarella Freshly Shredded, A Good Handful.
Eggplant Lasagna instructions
- In a skillet or pan over the lowest heat possible, add olive oil. Add in garlic, chili flakes and Italian seasoning. The garlic should barely be sizzling..
- If the garlic is sizzling, the heat is too high.* Let the oil infused with the ingredients for about 10 to 15 mins or until the garlic starts to brown. Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl of canned diced tomatoes. *You can pass the oil mixture thru a fine sieve to catch all the garlic, chili and seasonings.*.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper. Dust some mushroom powder over the top. Give it a quick stir to combine well. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge until ready to use. *This tomato sauce can be kept in the fridge for 3 days.*.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Slice the eggplants lengthwise to 6 slices per eggplant. Lay the eggplant slices on a wire rack..
- Lightly seasoning with salt. Set aside for about 15 mins. This will allow the eggplant to release some of its bitter moisture. Pad the eggplant slices dry..
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with more salt and pepper. Wack in the oven and roast for about 15 mins..
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool down slightly. *Do not off the oven yet.* In the meantime, drizzle some oil onto a skillet over medium heat..
- Once the oil is heated up, add in the ground chicken. Using a spatula to break the chicken into bits and pieces. Season generously with salt, white pepper and mushroom powder..
- Cook the chicken until slightly brown. Add in about 1 cup of the tomato sauce. *Depending on what consistency you are looking for. If you prefer saucy, add more tomato sauce.* Stir to combine well..
- Lastly, taste and adjust for seasonings. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Spoon some of the tomato-chicken sauce onto a slice of eggplant. Sprinkle some mozzarella over the top..
- Lay another slice of eggplant on top of the cheese. Repeat the layering process until you have a stack of 3 eggplants. Scatter some parmigiano over the top. Repeat the process for the remaining eggplants..
- Wack back into the oven and bake until the cheeses have melted. Remove from the oven. Transfer onto serving plates..
- Garnish with some basil over the top. Serve immediately..