Ajitsuke Tamago (Japanese Pickled Eggs). Ramen Eggs (味付け玉子 – Ajituske Tamago) With a soft jammy yolk and umami-packed white, a Ramen Egg is the cherry on top of a bowl of ramen. Although they're most commonly found atop a bowl of noodle soup, these flavorful Japanese soft-boiled eggs (known as Ajitsuke Tamago in Japan) are super versatile. Ramen Egg (Ajitsuke Tamago) These flavorful soft-boiled eggs used as a ramen topping are called Ajitsuke Tamago (味付け卵) in Japan, which literally means "seasoned egg." This White Ramen Egg is marinated in a clear broth making it look like a regular soft-boiled egg and yet it has the perfect savory-sweet balance with loads of umami.
Carefully place eggs using a spatula, ladle or a spoon. Stir the eggs occasionally for the first couple of minutes, so the egg yolk will be right in the middle. Ajitsuke Tamago (Ramen Eggs) Tasty marinated soft boiled eggs with custard-like yolks that are perfect for ramen or, breakfasts, snacks, lunches, salads, etc. You can have Ajitsuke Tamago (Japanese Pickled Eggs) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ajitsuke Tamago (Japanese Pickled Eggs)
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of mirin.
- You need 100 ml of sake.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of caster sugar.
- You need of Equipment.
- It’s of Eggs moulds.
- It’s Container of big enough to hold egg moulds and mixture.
An important component of a good bowl of ramen is the ramen egg, aka ajitsuke tamago, which is a marinated boiled egg, a seasoned egg. In Japan, we call these soy sauce marinated eggs Ajitsuke Tamago (味付け玉子) or Nitamago (煮玉子). Although most commonly eaten as a topping in ramen, these flavorful eggs can be enjoyed a side dish or a snack, or included as part of bento. Ajitsuke tamago (Japanese pickled eggs) Prep time overnight.
Ajitsuke Tamago (Japanese Pickled Eggs) instructions
- Cook eggs for 6 minutes in pan of boiling water so hard boiled. Cool immediately in cold bowl of water..
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar together..
- Once cooled peel the egg shells off the eggs.
- Put eggs in egg moulds and firmly close.
- Put egg moulds in container and cover with soy sauce mixture. Leave in fridge overnight..
- Remove from fridge and unclip moulds. Use eggs for bento or ramen. Cut in halve to display yolk or leave whole to display mould pattern..
Dietary Vegetarian. by The Hairy Bikers. From The Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure. Method Three-quarters fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, carefully add the eggs to the pan and boil for exactly six minutes. Use a timer as the eggs want to be just perfect with a lovely runny yolk.