Spinach – Pesto Pasta Frittata. Add spinach, lower to medium heat and allow spinach to wilt. You can place a lid on the skillet to help steam spinach more quickly. When spinach has wilted, add pesto and shredded chicken.
You can substitute spinach to any other veg or meat that you have in your fridge. Top the spinach mixture with small chunks of goats cheese. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. You can cook Spinach – Pesto Pasta Frittata using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach – Pesto Pasta Frittata
- Prepare 2 cups of pasta.
- You need Bunch of spinach.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of pesto.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 100 g of grated cheddar.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil.
In a hot pan, add olive oil and cook chicken breast. Combine the chicken and pesto sauce into spaghetti and mix until the sauce fully coats the pasta. Reduce the heat and add in the pesto, garlic powder and baby spinach and toss around until the spinach is slightly wilted. Place the vegetable mixture into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
Spinach – Pesto Pasta Frittata instructions
- Boil the pasta in salty water, when cooked drain the water, drizzle some olive oil to prevent it from sticking together and let it cool..
- Meanwhile whilt your spinach when its ready add it to your pasta and let it cool together..
- Whisk all the eggs together with pesto add some pepper to taste..
- Preheat the oven to 200°C to finish up your frittata..
- Spray your frying pan with fry light and turn on the gas. The pan needs to be hot and ready. Add egg mix into pasta and spinach incorporated it very well. Pour it onto hot pan on a low heat..
- Sprinkle your cheese and oregano on top of your frittata. Now place it into hot oven and bake until the cheese is melted to your liking..
I didn't have lemon zest, so I added a scant teaspoon of lemon juice for acidity, along with the parmesan at the end. Everybody LOVED this and thought it was just different enough from basil/pine nut pesto. In large bowl, combine pasta with remaining ingredients, along with salt and pepper (less salt if you are using meat). Pour into skillet, and turn heat to medium-low. Use a spoon if necessary to.