Basil pesto pasta. In a food processor or blender, combine the basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, garlic, toasted pine nuts, kosher salt and pepper. Pulse the ingredients together until well blended. While the food processor or blender is running, drizzle in the olive oil and continue blending, scraping down the sides as needed, until the pesto is puréed.
Add pesto sauce, salt, pepper, boiled pasta, tomatoes and mix. This Pesto Pasta recipe (also known as pasta al pesto) is a great way to use all the delicious fresh basil growing in your garden and available at the farmer's market! It's an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love! You can cook Basil pesto pasta using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basil pesto pasta
- It’s 2 cup of Boiled pasta.
- It’s 3 of garlic pods(skin peeled).
- It’s 11-12 of almonds(soaked and peeled).
- You need 1 cup of basil leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
This Pesto Pasta calls for making your own pesto sauce, but don't let that intimidate you! While pasta is cooking, add the roughly chopped garlic, toasted pine nuts and finely grated parmesan cheese to a food processor and process until smooth. There are endless ways to use pesto. You can toss cooked pasta directly with the pesto.
Basil pesto pasta step by step
- Take a blender jar. Put basil leaves,garlic,almonds,salt olive oil and small amount of water. Blend them properly to make a smooth paste..
- Heat a skillet, put this paste and boiled pasta in the skillet. Add water if it's too dry. Cook for a minute on sim..
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle red chilli flakes over it. Your healthy and yummy Basil pesto pasta is ready. serve hot..
- Happy cooking and happy eating. 😊.
Or, if you want to thin out the pesto sauce a little, add a spoonful or two of the hot pasta water to the pesto, then toss with the cooked pasta and serve right away. Garnish with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. It enhances the flavor for all dishes like steak, chicken, fish, vegetables, and pasta! After the ingredients are combined and formed into a tube shape, simply slice whatever size portion you need and freeze the rest! Easy-breezy to prepare and bursting with flavor!