Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli. #Pasta and Grains Chicken Pesto Pasta is a quick, easy and creamy pasta loaded with juicy chicken and tender asparagus! We love creamy Alfredo pastas like our Chicken Alfredo or Creamy Shrimp Pasta. Pesto pasta takes a cream sauce to the next level!
This healthy chicken pesto pasta is easy to make thanks to convenience ingredients like rotisserie chicken and store-bought pesto. The addition of fresh asparagus–which is cooked in the same pot as the pasta–brightens up the look and the flavors of this family-friendly and easy one-pot dinner. Fresh basil, if you have it on hand, is a nice finishing touch. You can cook Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli
- Prepare 150 g of pasta (dried weight),.
- You need 2 of chicken thighs, skins & bones removed, fat trimmed,.
- Prepare of Around 8 spears of asparagus, ends trimmed off, chopped,.
- It’s of Some florets of brocolli, around 150g worth,.
- It’s 4 tbsp of reduced fat pesto,.
- You need 3 tbsp of fat free quark or Greek yogurt,.
- You need 1/2 of reduced salt chicken stock cube, in 250ml boiled water,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
- You need of Spray cooking oil.
- It’s of To serve:.
- It’s of Grated Parmigianino Reggiano cheese (optional).
In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. In the same skillet, saute asparagus until crisp-tender. Stir in the cream, pesto and pepper until blended. During the last two minutes of the cooking time, add the asparagus and frozen peas.
Creamy Pesto Pasta With Chicken, Asparagus & Brocolli step by step
- Begin to cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Meanwhile heat a large high sided frying pan up over a medium heat. Add in some oil and once hot add in the chicken thigh, (cut it into small bite sized pieces). Brown off the chicken and season with pepper and add the dried thyme. Stir together. Add in the stock. Bring to a simmer..
- After simmering the chicken for around 3-4 minutes add in the chopped florets of brocolli and asparagus. Continue to simmer gently until the water begins to reduce down. Once the pasta is cooked drain it off and set aside..
- Once the water in the frying pan has reduced down by around 95%, (so there's not much left), add in the drained pasta and stir together gently. Remove from the heat..
- Add in the pesto and stir through. Then add in the quark/Greek yogurt and combine until a creamy green sauce is created that coats all the ingredients..
- Season with a little more salt and pepper to taste, serve up and grate over some cheese. Enjoy! :).
When pasta is al dente and peas/asparagus are tender, drain into a strainer. Add to a large bowl and toss with pesto and chicken. If desired, top with freshly shaved parmesan cheese. Add in trimmed asparagus and saute with garlic until it is fork tender. In a large bowl, or if you can do it all in the skillet, combine all the ingredients – chicken, tomatoes, pesto, pasta, parmesan cheese, and cooked asparagus together and toss to combine.