Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Dissolve flour in milk, then stir in.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. WHICH BASIL TO USE FOR CREAMY PESTO SAUCE There are multiple varieties of basil out there. Sweet basil, Thai basil, and even lemon or lime basil. You can cook Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts (or other nuts).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar (more or less to taste, or leave out).
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter, if serving with pasta..
The one you want for this Creamy Pesto Sauce is sweet basil, more commonly known as Genovese basil. Creamy Pesto Pasta combines tender spaghetti and juicy chicken in a deliciously rich Creamy Pesto Sauce for the perfect family meal! This easy recipe comes together quickly and everyone raves about it! We serve it up with garlic bread and a fresh salad for a complete meal in no time at all!
Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce instructions
- Using a food processor, place basil or greens on the bottom, and top with garlic, parmesan and nuts..
- Pulse until a coarse paste forms, the slowly incorporate the olive oil until saucy. Adjust taste with balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper)..
- To serve with pasta, place pesto in a mixing bowl with 2 Tbsp butter. Add hot pasta and toss until butter is melted, adding pasta water if too thick..
A perfect sauce for any occasion, it works wonders in dishes like our Creamy Lemon Pesto Shrimp. Add in the pesto, stir to combine. Turn heat back to low, then add in the parmesan cheese. Creamy Pesto Pasta recipe notes: If fresh basil is not readily available for making the homemade pesto, there are a couple of pre-made options that will work well in a pinch. Chicken, shrimp or broccoli can easily be added to the this recipe by cooking them in the same pan in a bit of olive oil prior to cooking the pesto sauce.