Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta. Roasted tomato basil pasta made with sweet cherry tomatoes, walnuts, parmesan cheese & anchovies for an irresistible sauce. Dump the tomatoes onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season them liberally with salt and pepper. While the tomatoes roast, get your pasta cooking, and make the pesto.
Chop the remaining roasted tomatoes and stir into pasta. Chop remaining almonds and Chiffonade the basil (see below). Roasted tomatoes and homemade basil pesto can be made a couple of days ahead of time and saved separately in the fridge until needed. You can have Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta
- You need 1 cup of Walnuts.
- It’s of Cherry tomatoes cut in half 2 cups.
- It’s 1/3 cups of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Garlic cloves chopped 2no.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chili flakes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 Tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 pack of Spaghetti.
- It’s of Basil leaves to garnish.
You can warm the already cooked tomatoes up in the oven while you cook your pasta. See my earlier quick roasted tomatoes recipe. Fusilli with Roasted Tomato & Basil Pesto is an Italian main-course dish (Entree) comprising of pasta mixed with a sauce called Pesto & garnished with cheese. My hubby & me totally love the classic pesto made using Basil, but a step ahead in combining the basil & roasted tomatoes resulted in even more awesome & yummy pesto.
Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta step by step
- In a pan dry roast the walnuts,until slightly darkened..
- Keep aside roasted walnuts and allow to cool down..
- Preheat oven at 180*c for 10 minutes..
- In a bowl add tomatoes, olive oil and salt, toss well..
- In a baking tray add tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften.
- Set aside to slightly cool down..
- In a blender add garlic,lemon zest, chili flakes and 3tbsp of cheese..
- Blend for few minutes and add 2/3 cup of walnuts and half of tomatoes..
- Add olive oil and blend until everything is combined..
- Add salt and pepper..
- Transfer pesto to clean bowl and keep aside..
- Cook spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water, according to directions on packet.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta liquid, and drain the noodles..
- . Add pesto to the pasta..
- Add small amount of liquid and toss well until pesto sauce coats pasta..
- Add basil leaves,remaining tomatoes..
- While serving top with parmesan, chopped walnuts, basil and black pepper..
- Note:- 1.Toast the walnuts to make them crunchy and bring out the nutty oil. 2.Broil the tomatoes to enhance the sweetness and deepen the natural flavors. 3.Puree the ingredients into a pesto to create a luscious.
A simple yet satisfying dish that bursts with flavor. Serve pasta with roasted tomato pesto as a light meal or side to grilled chicken or shrimp. Or pack it up to bring to a picnic. Add pesto sauce, salt, pepper, boiled pasta, tomatoes and mix. Roasted-Tomato Pasta with Basil Roasted-Tomato Pasta with Basil.